Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: About the job As a Partner Success Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining and strengthening strategic partnerships with key leaders and decision-makers across multiple organizations. The Partner Success Manager will serve as the product consultant and subject matter expert regarding company operations processes, procedures, and policies. You will uncover and address strategic and product roadblocks to optimize the use of various PayPal products and mitigate churn. With the ability to be a trusted advisor and strategic thought partner to clients, you will be responsible for managing the relationship for partners whose current value exceeds their potential value to PayPal. Success within this role will be measured through customer satisfaction, integration quality, sales opportunities, and decline/churn prevention. Partner Success Managers must know the company’s products inside and out and proactively identify sales opportunities for lead pass generation to the Partner Sales team. They are often called upon to provide technical support to customers or to provide training on their products. They may even help clients plan and understand the best ways to utilize their software or products based on their business needs or business plans. Commit to providing value at every interaction. Serve as the focal point for all information and communication on critical operational issues and act as the service contact for all operational areas (technical, workflow, customer support, risk, billing, etc. issues). Why this is a fantastic opportunity We are a global, market-leading company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. Our One Team Behaviors are built upon the highest ethical standards, empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. In PayPal, you will find great options to progress in your career and work-life balance is always a priority for us. Other benefits include private health insurance, reward & recognition programs, ongoing training, etc. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
- Minimum 5 years of customer success or account servicing experience with complex, enterprise solutions to Fortune 1000 companies or demonstration of experience
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple customers, developing opportunities and exceeding new business targets
- Proven consultative servicing abilities and proven ability to work well in a matrix environment, collaborating across multiple departments and influencing all levels within an organization
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience required
- Strong knowledge of Payments, Customer Service and Industry practices
- Contract Management: Redlining, Compliance, Negotiating and guiding contract renewal or termination/expiration
- Experience in an environment where cross-functional collaboration is essential to accomplishing goals and objectives.
- Primary relationship owner who will develop strategic relationships with partner decision makers, including CTO and product owners
- Utilize long-term relationships to probe and understand merchant's business and strategic priorities, partnering with clients to develop strategy, build trust, and demonstrate value of PayPal
- Occasional travel
- Provides innovation that increases our net revenue, increases client retention, and is scalable to meet the client needs.
- Proactively deliver value to partners through ongoing use and optimization of existing products and identifies mutually beneficial opportunities to increase PayPal penetration; develops plan and coordinates cross functional team to bring opportunities to fruition to drive additional value by encouraging deeper feature adoption and explore opportunities to extend partnership
- Represents the voice of the partner and advocates within PayPal as it relates to Product enhancements and System upgrades/outages.
- Make a highly positive impact on culture and team - work well with others, share learnings, build trust, and lead by example
- Proactively work to find efficiencies to improve the customer experience and internal procedures.
- Maintaining brand relationships with sales and marketing teams and clients effectively
Key competencies of an Enterprise Representative at PayPal
- Trusted advisor and proactive partner (Create evangelists and advocates among your customer base)
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills – experience managing complex customer issues from inception through resolution.
- Ability to build strategic working relationships and possess fantastic organizational and interpersonal skills with leadership experience in directing others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – past experience in an environment that required heavy client contact, documentation and follow up
- Strategy, product, and technical acumen and expertise
- Generate and share educational resources, trainings, and best practices
- Self-motivated and think outside the box, consistently bring new ideas to the table.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.