Aon Is Looking For A Data & Analytics Specialist
Aon’s Global Risk Insight Platform (GRIP) is the largest proprietary database of commercial insurance placement information in the world. As a Data & Analytics Specialist, you will become an integral part of the Analytics value chain within Aon Reed Stenhouse (ARS) Canada. Based out of the Halifax office, you will support and collaborate as part of a virtual national business analytics team and will report to the National Manager, Broking; Strategy & Operations.
This position will provide insight into branch and corporate career streams within the organization and provide individuals with technical knowledge of insurance industry along with data management fundamentals.
Your responsibilities will be focused around contributing to and expanding upon ARS Canada’s data capture and collection strategies as outlined below.
- Working with colleagues across the country to ensure the timely and accurate collection of GRIP data points;
- Extracting policy level data points from emails and electronic files for input into the GRIP system;
- Proactively collaborating with Broking teams to capture insurance market information;
- Coordinating Account Executive and Broker data quality reports in collaboration with regional GRIP Analyst;
- Resolving data quality issues as they arise;
- Hosting regular status update meetings with assigned offices to collect required data points;
- Collaborating with other GRIP Specialists on data clean up initiatives;
- Acting as a subject matter expert and resource for assigned offices on GRIP related matters;
- Leading by example by demonstrating and sharing with all lines of business the importance of best practice; and
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Package
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both verbally and written;
- Client focused and proven relationship building skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a virtual team and independently with minimum supervision;
- Meticulous attention to detail, refined organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Proven ability to prioritize competing requirements and deadlines under pressure.
- General office experience would be an asset.
- Experience with coding, especially Excel Macro (VBA) and Python would be an asset.
- Post-Secondary degree with a background in Business / Analytics preferred;
- Keen interest in the insurance industry would be an asset;
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including insurance courses and certifications.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.