**This position will be remote, preferably based in the Central or Eastern U.S.**
The Regional Sales Engineer manages direct customers and sales channels in the assigned region and optimizes sales and profit of Vibro-Meter products in the energy markets. Represents Meggitt’s interests towards customers and the market in general and is the voice of the customer within the Meggitt organization. Maintains good contacts at all level of customer organizations.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Responsible for achieving order intake and margin targets in the assigned territory.
- Ensures bids are submitted in a competitive and timely manner.
- Follows up on opportunities and tracks progress of the sales funnel. Prospects new opportunities.
- Regularly visits all key customers.
- Negotiates contracts (with the support of the commercial team when required).
- Liaises with Sales Support & Order Processing to meet customer requests and production capabilities.
- Maintains all relevant information in our Customer Relationship Management tool (SFDC), customer and opportunity information in particular.
- Provides timely and accurate information for budgeting and production forecasting purposes.
- Ensures all bids and transactions in assigned territory are as per Meggitt ethics and business guidelines.
- Ensures customers provide the required information for Trade Compliance purposes, liaises with Trade Compliance department as required.
- Coordinates training and marketing activities related to allocated Sales Region.
- Maintains a high-level industry network (e.g., through attendance of trade shows, events, online platforms, etc.).
Years’ Experience: 5+ years of sales experience
- Must be very familiar with turbines for electricity production. Knowledge of the condition monitoring market a strong asset
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time
- Good knowledge of MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Team player
- Proactive, motivated, analytical personality, reliable, flexible
- Fluent English; other languages are an asset (Spanish, French, German, etc.)
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or [email protected]
If this position is located in the United States, this job will require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As such, all applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.