Great that you're thinking about a career with BSI!
About the role:
We are seeking a high-energy, experienced, and passionate Business Development Representative who enjoys being on the phone to identify opportunities, generate new leads and set meetings for others to attend to close deals. This position is part of a team that helps companies protect their workers and reduce their impact on the environment, with a mission of excellence and making a positive impact every day.
In this position you will have a critical role in the regional strategic plan and growth strategy by researching business trends and information, identifying potential leads, developing productive relationships with key decision makers at BSI prospects, and setting meetings where business will be sold.
This role is instrumental in building the BSI brand within the United States and is the critical beginning to our sales process and success. This position supports a national organization, so the candidate can work from any of our U.S. offices, with work-from-home flexibility. Preference for candidates to be located in the PacNW area.
Business Development Representative Responsibilities:
- Generate own leads using various tools such as social media, yellow pages etc.
- Maintain a proven track record of securing meetings with top level decision makers
- Deliver 100 calls per week and record data accurately about calls and efficiently track information and maintain data that are key indicators of performance and success in the job
- Work effectively with the sales team and prospects to identify and communicate needs and schedule appointments
- Supporting marketing, advertising and promotional activities
- Participate in weekly sales meetings and update meetings with the sales leaders (and others), and come prepared to present on call activity and what's in the pipeline
- Communicate intelligently about environmental, health and safety services, without being an expert in them (On the job training will be provided)
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred but experience is considered in lieu of a degree
- Candidate should have 2-5 years of proven success with phone sales and driven to meet metrics
- Must have a terrific and persuasive phone presence. You should like to be on the phone and talk to people you've never met to identify needs and set meetings. People enjoy talking to you too and listen more than they hang up
- Understanding of consultative selling
- Self-motivated and holds themselves accountable to metrics
- Strong networking skills
- Great phone presence
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Great interpersonal skills with a positive and optimistic outlook, likes working collaboratively
- Some understanding of Environmental, Health and Safety preferred
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Organizational skills
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management Systems (Salesforce.com or similar)
- Computer Skills (MS Office)
What we offer:
BSI offers a competitive salary, group-sponsored health and dental, short-term and long-term disability, a company-matched 401k plan, company paid life insurance, 11 paid holidays and 4 weeks paid time off.
BSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to diversity.
To protect our candidates and BSI employees during the Covid-19 outbreak, all interviews will take place remotely.