Job Function: Planning
Location: New York, United States
Job Ref#: 4875
- Senior client lead on account
- Provide strategic vision for account management & business solutions
- Look for and deliver new and innovative solutions to client business issues and challenges
- Oversees development of media strategies consistent with brand marketing objectives and strategy
- Provide thought leadership and help develop strategic direction for media planning and buying across channels
- Recommends targeted, innovative media vehicles consistent with media strategies
- Plans, directs, supervises, and coordinates work activities of subordinates and handles all personnel requirements for immediate staff including training and development
- Serves as advisor and mentor to planning groups
- 10+ years in Media Planning (or related experience)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years of integrated media strategy and planning experience, across a range of traditional and non-traditional media. Deep experience with digital channels – strategy, how they work, etc…
- 6 or more years management experience required
- Experience with multiple business categories and advanced experience with marketing and communications processes
- Pharma client/brand experience preferred
- Strong presentation skills in internal, vendor, and client meetings
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For applicants to jobs in the United States: In compliance with the current Americans with Disabilities Act and state and local laws, if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position with Mediabrands, please email [email protected]
UM’s culture is an inclusive one, where people belong and are encouraged to bring their full selves to the office, and where personal and professional growth are a priority of every member of the team. UM’s Executive Leadership Team is dedicated to building a culture that permeates every element of the company, from work flexibility, to career planning and regular talent reviews, to an active culture club. They proudly uphold the following values:
Courage: Our courage to take risks drives our ability to set new industry standards.
Curiosity: Our relentless curiosity drives relentless innovation.
Commitment: Our commitment to uncovering better opportunities for our clients and our community is at the heart of everything we do.
Community: We pride ourselves on fostering a community where everyone can belong while actively giving back to the communities in which we live.
Caring: We care about being a diverse agency where everyone feels motivated and supported.
Candor: Our candor through open and constructive dialogue ensures better outcomes for our people and our clients.
As a company, UM is constantly pushing to improve, under their Better Science, Better Art, Better Outcomes banner, striving to set the bar in the ever-evolving media landscape. Their efforts have yielded a number of new business wins recently including Aetna, American Express, Columbia Sportswear, Gallo Wine, Henkel, and Quicken Loans.