Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Sales Engineer position is responsible for proactively managing the technical relationship with our Public Sector clients and to align technology products and solutions with their business objectives. The Sales Engineer develops a long-term relationship with the respective Public Sector client to ensure their success and realize the full value of Panasonic’s products, services and solutions. The Sales Engineer role focuses on the following core areas: technical presales, project execution, technical issue management, post-sales support, short term consulting services, customer satisfaction, and technical account management.
% of Time
- Proactively engage with assigned vertical sales team members to grow the TOUGHBOOK business and become an integral member of the sales process.
- Present technical information and provide demonstrations on TOUGHBOOK solutions including hardware, software, accessories, and services.
- Identify customer’s current and future technical requirements and how to position TOUGHBOOK products to be able to meet these requirements.
- Provide technical and project guidance to ensure a successful customer project including working with Panasonic’s Microsoft / Android tools, ISV’s, MDM’s, partners, and 3rd parties.
- Communicate and build relationships with customers and partners to ensure customer satisfaction and identify new business opportunities.
- Work with assigned vertical sales team members to assess opportunities to improve the quantity and quality of client contact.
- Lead Customer Success Initiative discussions with customers to understand the performance of current devices, review challenges, and assess current and future projects.
- Provide incident and general issue management including hands on technical support activities where appropriate.
- Provide overall client customer case management using lightweight Project Management methodologies and various reporting tools.
- Coordinate technical resources to resolve complex problems and provide answers to detailed customer configuration questions, with the assistance of an extended team of supporting players.
Education & Experience:
- Preferred B.S. Degree in the following areas: Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Business, or similar
- 4+ Years of Experience
- Industry certifications from: Microsoft, Google, Cisco preferred
- Project and IT management certification from: PMP, ITIL, CBAP preferred
Required Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 7/8/10 and Server OS)
- Knowledge of hardware driver staging in MDT / SCCM
- Knowledge of mobile device management
- Familiar with mobile device operating systems, including Android and iOS
- Familiar with other computer operating systems, including Linux
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise IT environments
- Experience working through the entire project lifecycle
- Outstanding customer support, communication, and documentation skills
- Proven ability to maintain high customer satisfaction
Beneficial Technical Skills:
- Experience working in or with Public Sector IT environment
- Basic understanding of different CAD and RMS vendors and how they implement their solutions
- Have a basic understanding of CGIS requirements and how they affect the use of TOUGHBOOK products.
- Knowledge of Panasonic TOUGHBOOK brand
- Technical consulting experience
- Extensive PC Hardware Experience
5+ years of experience in Microsoft infrastructure technologies including:
- Extensive integration experience with any System Center technologies
- Experience with medium to large, SCCM, SCOM, and/or SCVMM enterprise design, implementations, and upgrades
- Experience with SCOM System Build, Deployment, Governance
- Deep technical knowledge of Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Windows Server, Hyper-V or VMWare virtualization experience
- MCSE or MCITP: Server or Enterprise Administrator
- Extensive Knowledge of Microsoft Intune or other Mobile Device Management solutions
- Effective and efficient troubleshooting, while working in potentially high-pressure circumstances, in achieving 100% problem resolution regarding post sale support.
Communications: Key communications contacts (internal/external) and level of persuasion required
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to interface effectively and professionally with all organizational levels and management, internally and externally, are required and essential to success in this position, and in PSSNA activities, in general.
- Capability in effective communication with internal departments (Technical Support, PMO, Sales, Product Teams, Spare Parts, Engineering, Order Processing, Accounting, etc)
- Capable of lifting over 50 pounds (22.7 kg), standing for long periods on factory floors, and maneuvering in factory production environments and confined spaces to execute technical activities.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively (often 65%, or greater), domestically and internationally, often with very short or immediate notice, and ability to work flexible hours based on projects and meetings to support customer.