Be a Part of the Technology Revolution
There has never been a more exciting time to be part of a technology company such as Visteon. And no industry offers more fast-paced change and opportunity than today’s automotive industry. We are in the midst of a mobility revolution that will completely change the way we interact with our vehicles, reduce the number of car accidents and fatalities, and make the world a cleaner place.
Visteon is at the epicenter of this mobility revolution. Two major trends in the automotive industry – the shift to electric vehicles and vehicles with autonomous safety technologies – have created unique opportunities for Visteon. We are the only automotive provider focused exclusively on cockpit electronics – the fastest-growing segment in the industry. We’re participating in this new era of technology in the same place we’ve always been – the fast lane.
- Oversee and manage a global team of Electronic System Architects (Systems, HW and SW) who will define, support development and maintain system architecture for cockpit electronic modules.
- This role will have regional systems engineering managers reporting.
- Evaluation of system architecture concepts (function allocation in hardware, software and mechanics) from team for accuracy.
- Interdisciplinary problem solving and deep technical expertise to overcome product and cross functional dependencies or roadblocks.
- Ensure Systems and Architecture teams are following specified processes and Definition of design guidelines.
- Drive global re-use and platform adherence, minimizing OEM specific augmentations where possible.
- Ensure Systems teams are engaged in Systems Gates and approvals for quality of event audits.
- Ensure selected architecture fulfills requirements in functionality, performance, quality and timing.
- Cooperation with distributed cross-functional development teams.
- Ensure team completes system and system software partitioning, bandwidth calculations, memory maps, data flows for the overall system design.
- Mentor Systems and Architects globally on process and technical direction
- Develop Continuous improvement initiatives with the team (Process, Tools and execution).
- Develop Team KPIs for assessment of team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Work with Platform leaders to align the architectures to an existing platform wherever possible.
- Refine and fill out the existing reference architecture. Adapt this architecture as needed to include requirements introduced by new technology.
- Develop and maintain Silicon and Architectural roadmaps.
- Help to define and prioritize development activities within the development team and interface to product design teams and customers.
- Participation and leading SYS part of Engineering Quotes, and challenge team on accuracy and completeness (robustness) of the inputs.
- Manage the Global Systems budget against targets.
- Assess, Improve and upgrade skills as necessary.
To be a good fit for the Global Systems Architect Leader you will have:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science – Master Degree preferred
- At least ten years of experience in the automotive industry in the field of system development internally and with the customer.
- Experience in Development and launch of complex cockpit electronic systems, preferably with both IVI and Driver Information experience.
- Knowledge of embedded SW and HW integrated systems
- Working knowledge of automotive ASPICE and also FS/CS high level requirements
- Experience with Agile Development process
- Experience working in distributed team environment (global)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High Level knowledge of Model Driven Development methods and wide experience with different modelling technologies (Rhapsody, Enterprise Architect or other).
- Excellent knowledge of embedded and real-time system requirements and structure
- Responsibility for overall product system architecture for automotive products.
More Good Reasons to Work for Visteon
Focusing on the Future
Our company strategy focuses on emerging areas of the automotive industry, including autonomous vehicles. This strategy is driven by constant innovation, and you will support our efforts through your role. We are recognized across the industry for innovation. We have a strong book of business that is expected to drive future growth, along with a customer base that includes almost every automotive manufacturer in the world.
Working at Visteon is a journey in which our employees can develop their strengths and advance their careers while making a difference globally. If you’re looking for an opportunity that will change the world and how we interact with vehicles, join us. Visteon is where the best technical talent creates the future. Learn more about our culture here.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits
Visteon offers competitive salaries and benefits and an environment that encourages employees to achieve their career goals.
Visteon is a global technology company that designs, engineers and manufactures innovative cockpit electronics and connected car solutions for the world’s major vehicle manufacturers. Visteon is driving the smart, learning, digital cockpit of the future, to improve safety and the user experience. Visteon is a global leader in cockpit electronic products including digital instrument clusters, information displays, infotainment, head-up displays, telematics, SmartCore™ cockpit domain controllers, and the DriveCore™ autonomous driving platform. Visteon also delivers artificial intelligence-based technologies, connected car, cybersecurity, interior sensing, embedded multimedia and smartphone connectivity software solutions. Headquartered in Van Buren Township, Michigan, Visteon has approximately 10,000 employees at more than 40 facilities in 18 countries. Visteon had sales of approximately $3 billion in 2018. Learn more at www.visteon.com.
For more information about our company, technologies, and products, follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram. Additionally, you can follow our careers-focused channels on Twitter and Facebook to keep up with our latest job postings and the great work our employees are doing.