Business Development Manager
Choice Media & Communications is a fast paced, growing company seeking an experienced, sharp and savvy Business Development Manager to help us grow our business. We are looking for candidates to join our boutique entertainment and lifestyle PR agency who can manage the entire acquisition process of lifestyle and entertainment clients to our roster, including: sourcing, outreach, briefing, proposal development and presentation, contract development and client on-boarding.
We see you. We understand you. We guide you. We make you known.
Our Core Values
- Relationships Matter.
- Enthusiasm Drives Us.
- Regular Communication Makes a Difference.
- Accountability Sustains Partnerships.
- Delivering Results Means Going the Extra Mile.
Our ideal candidate will have a great deal of initiative, be organized to a fault, have strong writing skills, be a servant-hearted leader, and have a polish, grace and kindness when interacting with others.
Benefits of Working With Choice
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Ability to work remote or in an office environment
- Paid Short Term Leave
- ½ Day Fridays in Summers
- Company matches 3% of IRA
- Offices Closed Christmas Eve Through New Year’s Day
- Exceptional work environment
- Strong, collaborative culture
- Four paid personal development days per year
- We are a champion for women everywhere
- Business Development specifically is provided with custom, one-on-one business coaching and curriculum with Southwestern Consulting, a trusted sales performance company
- Represent Choice well in all interactions
- Prepare beautiful and thoughtful proposals to potential clients
- Maintain your pipeline and provide detailed reporting to leadership
- Participate in team gatherings and meetings in Franklin, TN at least once a quarter
- Meet and exceed individual productivity and sales goals
- Adopt and improve our detailed, written business development process
- Research and qualify leads through cold calling, networking, social media, and other lead generation activities
- Present value and benefit communication to business decision-makers
- Learn a prospect's business and identify where Choice services would make an impact for that organization
- Build and maintain relationships with industry contacts to gain knowledge and generate referrals and sales leads
- Generate leads using your sophisticated understanding of social media and various online technologies, to identify key prospects
- Coordinate with the Choice leadership team (Publicity and Social Media departments specifically) to determine services and strategies for potential clients, including tactics for delivering results, media pitch angles, sample media lists, social media analysis, branding + strategy sessions, etc.
- Prepare and present customized, tailored proposals to potential clients, outlining scope of work, tactics, roles and responsibilities and investment
- Negotiate and contract new client agreements
- Manage business development associate and/or interns
- Outgoing, positive, professional attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Advanced writing and oral skills
- Passion/interest for media and communications
- Critical thinking
- Reading/research on top trends
- Proficiency with HubSpot / SalesForce or Other CRM Software
Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Five+ years of direct work experience in an external sales capacity
- Two years working in communications, public relations, media, publishing or the lifestyle / entertainment industry
- Demonstrates ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas
- Professional demeanor and selling style
- Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-visit planning, prospect development and time management
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers
- Exceptional listening, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
Job Requirements / Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
If this sounds like the position for you and you are qualified, please apply! Resume, cover letter, a sample task and assessments will be requested.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Tennessee: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Please share your salary expectations (Do not leave blank!).
- While this job allows you to work from home, we do require you to attend meetings every month in person. Are you able to travel monthly to Franklin, TN?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Business development: 3 years (Required)
- Sales management: 2 years (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
Work Location: Multiple Locations