Under the general direction of the Sales Manager, the Roofing Estimator will be responsible for Providing detailed take-offs for Re-Roof / Roof Replacement & Restoration projects, as well as completing accurate material and labor estimates, drafting detailed proposals, and completing project turnover paperwork to the project management team.
- Attend appointment scheduled by office for roof replacements
- Understand clients needs and wants and communicate accurately with clients
- Perform site visits for prospective re-roofing opportunities and perform a thorough analysis of existing roofing conditions with accurate measurements and roof sketch.
- Procure material, Labor and subcontractor quotes as necessary.
- Prepare professional bid documents and proposals
- Ensure that all jobs have complete and accurate estimates as well as pricing that meets profitability expectations set by Management.
- Review contract scope to ensure accuracy.
- Process all information on awarded projects for turnover to production department.
- Assist in processing all relevant change orders or scope changes for ongoing projects.
- Assist with project closeout.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Preferred: A minimum of four (2) years of experience working in a estimating position.
- Preferred: Experience with Single Ply (TPO), modified roofing systems, lightweight insulating concrete, tile roofing, shingles, and metal roofing (standing seam, 5V).
- Strong knowledge of commercial and residential roofing materials and applications. Strong Knowledge of communication and sales
- Strong Knowledge of commercial and residential roofing systmes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be computer literate and experienced in using Windows applications such as: Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Solid mathematical skills are essential
- Participates in continuous improvement education/training programs to maintain current technology and methodology as specified by management.
- Able to climb ladders and walk on sloped and non-sloped roofs (as needed)
- Ability to carry and set up ladders as needed
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Construction Estimating: 1 year (Required)
- One location