Nationwide Hotel Management Company, LLC. (NHMC) is a full service hotel management company specializing in the economy and select service segments of the hospitality industry, with services focused on the extended stay segment. NHMC has been recognized as one of the 30 Top Hotel Companies by Hotel Management magazine. With over 120 hotels under management throughout the United States, NHMC is one of the country’s largest hotel management companies, and largest within the Choice Hotels family of brands. Founded in 2003 and reorganized in 2018 NHMC is based in Wichita, Kansas. With “People First” as it’s guiding principle, the company has over 1,150 associates and growing. Please visit www.nationwidehmc.com to learn more about our organization and to view additional career opportunities. This position is located at a WoodSpring Suites Hotel.
NHMC offers a competitive benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, and other voluntary products as well as company paid life insurance and short- and long-term disability. Full-time employees receive paid time off and a generous company paid holiday schedule in addition to being eligible for Traditional and Roth 401K with up to a 4% company match.
Performs the duties and responsibilities of a General Manager in the interim, including but not limited to plans, directs, or coordinates all aspects of the WoodSpring Suites hotel properties including staffing, operations, and customer satisfaction. Travels to properties in need as assigned by the Director of Operations. Oversees property maintenance and appearance. Monitors all operating costs, budgets, and forecasts.
Experienced with brand standards, company practices and processes. Familiar with a variety of hospitality concepts, practices, and procedures, including extended stay economy. Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads the work of others.
- This position is required to travel coast to coast 100% of the time.
- Travel schedule consists of 5 weeks deployed and 5 days back home.
- Although deployed 5 weeks, managers still have the weekends off, unless hotel needs dictate otherwise, and would live at the property where they are working.
- Living by a major airport is preferred.
- Recruits, hires, and trains quality staff.
- Manages all hotel staff, including creating work schedules and assigning specific duties.
- Monitors the onboarding process in ADP, including completion of I-9s within the first three days of hire.
- Approves time and attendance records daily, and ensures employees are clocking in and out properly. Ensures employees acknowledge / approve that all hours worked have been recorded.
- Ensures timely submission of approved timecards to Payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
- Provides leadership to the team with ongoing training and coaching; leads by example.
- Conducts performance reviews for team members and follows progressive disciplinary process to correct team member performance deficiencies.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement. Manages the WoodSpring Suites hotel in accordance with the business plan and budget.
- Develops, administers, and reviews property revenue and expense budgets each day.
- Authorizes direct bill accounts and monitors the administration of Accounts Receivable. Maintains AWR to target by controlling discounts and ensures guest payments are made on time.
- Develops and maintains rapport with competitive properties, City Convention and Visitors Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, lead sources, business partners, clients, etc. Responsible for knowing area attractions and services in order to accommodate guests’ needs.
- Maintains hotel operations consistent with Brand Standards. Inspects rooms, public spaces, and storage areas daily to ensure all rooms and public spaces are guest ready and storage areas are clean and safe.
- Completes the daily audit, makes daily bank deposits, reviews and approves transmittals and other front office paperwork and reports.
- Responsible for knowing property emergency procedures, OSHA Workplace Standards, and ensures all team members are trained to act in a safe manner at all times and what to do in the event of an emergency or accident at the property.
- Ensures a viable key control program is in place.
- Reviews daily front office procedures and assures proper transmission of all necessary information to the Nationwide Hotel Management Company, LLC corporate office.
- Understands the government regulations affecting hotel operations, ensuring hotel is operating in compliance with all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of any federal, state or municipal authority.
- Creates an operating environment that ensures consistent guest satisfaction, meets with and solicit comments from guests on a regular basis to determine their level of satisfaction with guest services and facilities.
- Establishes and follows appropriate cash control procedures and ensures team members follow appropriate cash control procedures, including making daily bank deposits.
- Establishes and implements company policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with RDO, peers, and staff members as necessary.
- Conducts essential sales activity including: inside sales, ISell, lot drives, and sales calls. Sends local, regional, and national leads to the Divisional Sales Team and RDO.
- College degree preferred or at least 5 years of similar work experience.
- Prior management experience in an extended stay hotel is preferred.
- Good managerial, administrative and organizational abilities.
- Good people/interpersonal skills for dealing with both staff and guests.
- Must have computer skills including the ability to access and accurately input information into a computer system across different platforms.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must maintain a valid state issued driver’s license.