JOB DESCRIPTION: COMMERCIAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
This opportunity is offering a great salary, a strong cincentive program for new business (no quota), generous benefits package, etc.
The hiring manager is actively interviewing - when can we hop on the phone and connect further?
The Commercial Lines Account Executive performs the essential functions of the position, which include aiding Sales Executives and clients with service needs and making changes to existing accounts. Specific service and marketing responsibilities are required in this position. Meets service and sales delivery standards and performs essential functions to the quality and service standards developed by the agency.
- Provides technical support to Producer(s); specifically in analyzing client needs, coverage forms and quotations.
- Schedules appointments with clients as requested by Producer(s).
- Occasionally accompanies Sales Executive on prospect and client meetings as requested by Sales Executive.
- Completes applications in coordination with Sales Executive; submits applications to eligible and appropriate carriers; follows up to ensure timely receipt of quotations and policies.
- Orders and issues binders, certificates, policies, endorsements and other related items; verifies their accuracy; forwards them to client with appropriate correspondence.
- Determines if direct or agency billing is appropriate and invoices accordingly.
- Prepares summaries of insurance, schedules and proposals for word processing as needed.
- Processes renewals in coordination with Producer(s) according to agency procedures.
- Reviews audits of policies; verifies accuracy and facilitates corrections, as needed, between client and carrier.
- Verifies policy and policy change information, facilitating corrections when necessary.
- Processes incoming mail and phone requests, responding promptly and appropriately.
- Uses agency credit and collection policy in invoicing and pursuing prompt payments; request cancellations from the carrier according to agency standards.
- Determines reasons for requests for cancellations; acts to save accounts; notifies Sales Executive(s).
- Processes and following up on cancellations requests to carriers to ensure accurate and timely resolution; maintains agency in financial equity whenever possible.
- Assists clients in submitting first reports of claims, facilitates prompt response from carrier staff and follows up on claims status, according to agency procedures.
- Identifies exposure to loss and recommends appropriate coverages in coordination with Sales Executive(s).
- Sets priorities and manages work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Maintains a cordial and effective relationship with clients, coworkers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts.
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Interacts with others effectively by utilizing good communications skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the agency.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities - preferred, but not required
- Ability to manage multiple Producers
- Advanced Certificate Processing
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues, receive and interpret complex information, and respond appropriately.
- Ability to understand written and oral communication, and interpret abstract information.
- Property, Casualty Agents License.
- Knowledge of insurance products and usage.
- Knowledge of insurance markets and reference to markets.
- Knowledge of insurance rating and underwriting procedures.
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables.
- Familiarity with computer and Microsoft Office processing programs.
- Ability to process written and other materials visually.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.