We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or in our Toronto office - it’s up to you.
The Director of Data Science will lead an all-star team of data scientists revolutionizing the speed and accuracy of intake, classification, detection, and processing of adverse reactions to medications and medical devices. If you have the passion and enjoy the fast-paced challenges of a lean startup, this is a great opportunity to disrupt an entire industry.
What You'll Do
- Lead the development and own key machine learning algorithms that plug into all stages of drug safety intake, processing, submissions, and signal detections
- Provide leadership in recruiting, challenging, and growing an elite team of data scientists
- Work closely with software engineers, ML engineers, and ML ops in taking machine learning algorithms to production
- Directly collaborate with all product stakeholders and drive multiple features to successful delivery
- Be a trusted partner for senior management to determine best solutions, drive alignment and implement decisions throughout your team
- Engage with customers, potentially fueling the conversation about what AI can do and bringing clarity to the discussion
- 3+ years in a management role leading data science or engineering teams
- 7+ years of experience
- Proven ability to hire, mentor, coach, and lead a team to success
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively explain complex problems and advocate technical solutions to Engineering and customers
- Degree in computer science or engineering
- Experience with AI and Machine Learning Models
- Experience with Natural Language Processing
- Advanced knowledge of statistical analysis and data mining techniques (regression, multilevel regression, poststratification, semi-supervised learning, forecasting, decision trees, clustering, A/B testing, etc.)
Nice to Have
- PhD in data science or related field
- Experience with AWS and Sagemaker
- Experience in a regulated industry
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].