SSENSE (pronounced [es-uhns]) is a global technology platform operating at the intersection of culture, community, and commerce. Headquartered in Montreal, it features a mix of established and emerging luxury brands across womenswear, menswear, kidswear, and Everything Else.
SSENSE has garnered critical acclaim as both an e-commerce engine and a producer of cultural content, generating an average of 100 million monthly page views. Approximately 80% of its audience is between the ages of 18 to 40. It is privately held and has achieved high double digit annual growth and profitability since its inception.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Brand Partnerships, the Brand Partnerships Specialist plays a key role within the Marketing team, developing dedicated marketing campaigns on behalf of SSENSE brand partners. The Brand Partnerships Specialist will act as the daily account lead for a portfolio of brand partners, ensuring the planning, execution and delivery of campaigns that perform successfully against set objectives and reinforce the SSENSE brand values.
Planning & Execution - 60%
- Research, develop and pitch dedicated marketing campaigns for the assigned portfolio of brand partners that consider the set objectives while reflecting the SSENSE point of view
- In collaboration with Marketing Specialists, ensure internal briefing documents are prepared as defined by the business process and within allotted timeframes
- Support the planning and activation of marketing campaigns through cross departmental collaboration with the Buying, Brand Strategy, Content, Design and Communications teams ensuring campaigns are delivered on time and within budget.
- Identify and flag potential risks (deadlines, quality, budget, etc.) and escalate issues in a timely manner with concerned stakeholders to ensure resolution
- In partnership with the Business Analyst, compile data insights from each campaign and implement recommendations accordingly
- Optimize workflows as they relate to cross department collaboration
- Assist in ad-hoc requests to support all department initiatives
Relationship Management - 40%
- Manage a funnel of qualified brands, actively seeking opportunities to help achieve our strategy and set objectives
- Organize brand calls, prepare required documentation to support, document meeting notes and assist in determining what actions are need to achieve goals and objectives
- Support negotiations, draft agreements and secure necessary approvals for assigned brand partners
- Act as primary point of contact and build long term relationships with assigned brand partners to ensure year over year growth
- Support in building and maintaining campaign budgets related to each brand partner ensuring financial targets are achieved
- Prepare and present impact reports to evaluate success while providing key insights for future growth
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, or a related field
- A minimum of 3 years experience in digital marketing or e-commerce, with a proven track record for developing and executing successful marketing campaigns that achieve brand exposure and impact sell through
- Deep understanding of all digital marketing and product experiences in relation to how they connect brands with consumers
- Demonstrated experience in account management
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, OS X and Google Suite
- Excellent spoken, written and presentation communication skills
- Ability to speak both French and English
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to conduct in depth marketing research and synthesize results into actionable strategies
- Entrepreneurial spirit with ability to thrive in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with a natural ability to build relationships
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- High awareness of the fashion and cultural trends that are impacting the luxury retail market