Are you customer focused and enjoy helping others? Do you find it exciting to meet new people and chat? Are you an enthusiastic contributor to your team? Are you seeking a professional workplace with established processes? Are you looking for a stable, yet fast-paced dynamic environment where you're treated like family and people care about one another?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, then we need you as our Customer Service Representative! See the details of the position below.
Our Customer Service Representative is a critical contributor to providing our customers with quality service via phone, email and online chat. Expect detailed training to achieve mastery of processes regarding our products and customer service procedures. There is a family dynamic at The Pond Guy that extends to the customer as we strive to give them the highest quality service possible.
Here are some examples of the actual work your day would include:
- Assist customers with product questions, sales, and order taking via phone, email and chat
- Provide maintenance plans for customers to follow based on their individual pond needs
- Be proactive by asking relevant questions to provide the best solutions for customer needs
- Research through multiple sources when needed to determine best product/solution for the customer
- Use metric goals to improve job performance
- Perform field work and face-to-face retail sales on occasion for training purposes
- Present product knowledge trainings
Our Customer Service Representative role is a work from home position during a pandemic with the option to extend their remote status as a full-time option. However, there are certain times our Customer Service Representative may be required to come onsite, or report virtually, for training or other employer sponsored events that are during or outside your normal work schedule. Remote employees must be able to meet the standards of The Pond Guy's telecommuting policy which include internet speeds and workspace requirements.
Don't know about ponds? That's ok! You'll be trained to be proficient in your job. We utilize an interactive combination of hands-on and visual training to ensure everyone has a full understanding of The Pond Guy's proactive approach to pond management.
To be successful in this role, you need to have a certain amount of knowledge and skills:
- One year of face-to-face sales or customer service experience preferred
- Basic mathematic calculations, conversions & ratios
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers while documenting relevant information regarding their interaction
- Technical background is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer knowledge in word and excel
- Hands-on mind set with ability to work in an office environment
- High School diploma, college degree preferred
- Ability to meet the standards of telecommuting (remote work) policy
This position requires manual dexterity for typing, sitting at a desk and looking at a computer screen for typing for long periods of time. In addition, portions of the training require Pond Techs to shadow other departments that may require physical activity including lifting 25-35 pounds and standing for long periods of time.
We need a Customer Service Representative that has a positive attitude and the words "can't" and "impossible" are not a part of your vocabulary. The capacity to switch quickly from one task to the next will be an important part of your success in this role. You'll have the ability to learn quickly and retain a large amount of information and offer exceptional customer service. This person should continually add value to the organization beyond their day-to-day tasks.
Customer Service hours vary from season to season to fit our customer's needs. This includes a minimum of 2 Saturday's per month during peak season, March - October.
The shift we are currently looking to fill:
- 9:45AM – 6:15PM (EST) M-F*, *2 Saturdays Per Month
This is a full-time hourly position at $21-$25 per hour with the opportunity to earn additional incentives which include extra PTO, 20% bonus potential and bi-weekly spiff payouts. Other benefits include:
- Dental Insurance
- Short-term Disability
- Long-term Disability
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid vacation, personal days and holiday pay
- During the peak season, you can accrue up to 10 additional days of paid vacation
- 401k with employer match and year-end profit sharing.
TPG, Inc. is a growing company with over 120 employees. We are a manufacturing company for pond, lake and water garden supplies with customers in all 50 states servicing both wholesale and end-users. We have customers with large ponds used for swimming, fishing and ice skating and customers with decorative water gardens containing Koi, waterfalls, and plants. Our mission is to be a group of passionate, knowledgeable pond people helping the world enjoy ponds. We offer innovative, proven solutions delivered with a commitment to complete satisfaction... guaranteed.
TPG, Inc. is not just a team, we're a tribe. A tribe is more like a family and is ongoing. We have fun, pursue our goals together and feed on each other to grow. Becoming part of TPG, Inc. means more than getting a job it's a career move. We will give you the support you need to grow with us.
TPG, Inc. encompasses a family of businesses to support customers in all pond aspects.
Airmax, Inc. – business-to-business and manufacturing. airmaxeco.com
The Pond Guy, Inc. – direct-to-consumer. thepondguy.com
The Pond Guy, Inc. – local services division. weknowponds.com
How To Apply For Position
Step 1: Submit Resume.
Step 2: If selected for further review, you will receive a request to take a ten minute survey. Please complete the survey within three days of receipt.
Step 3: If selected for further review, you will be contacted for an interview.
The Pond Guy prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a drug/toxins test and background check.