geoLOGIC is a Calgary-based company that provides innovative information and data solutions to the Energy Industry. We value a respectful and diverse workplace and believe in celebrating successes. With opportunities for growth, we provide you with great training to get there. We’re looking for an Account Executive to join our media sales team. Our advertising and media solutions leverage the Daily Oil Bulletin and JWN Energy media platforms which are the leading energy industry news sources in Canada.
We’re growing, and looking for an Account Executive – Media Sales to join our team. In this role you are responsible for selling digital advertising and media solutions to our clients in the energy industry. The focus of this role is on outside sales, where coverage and development of assigned accounts are required at both the strategic and tactical level. As an Account Executive you will maintain and develop an existing customer base while proactively generating new client relationships.
This role is located in Calgary, AB and reports to the Managing Director of Energy Intelligence/Media.
How will you spend your day?
- Work closely with clients to help them achieve their promotion and marketing objectives
- Create a territory plan that includes maintaining and serving current clients while identifying new opportunities and the means by which to target those clients
- Identify sales opportunities through direct prospecting, cold calling, lead follow up, networking and partner relationships.
- Respond promptly to client inquiries and address any client issues to maintain a high degree of client satisfaction
- Drive advertising and digital media sales in order to achieve and exceed quota and KPI targets
- Prepare and present advertising return on investment (ROI) analyses for customers
- End-to-end account management – from initial contact through fulfillment of the services to final collection
- Document daily sales activities in Salesforce automation tool, prepare accurate reports and forecasts, manage pipeline, and perform other tasks necessary to drive sales revenue and communicate activities to sales management
- Contribute to annual budgeting and forecasting process
Ready to Apply? Here's what we're looking for:
- Strong prospecting and relationship building skills
- A commitment to client centric service
- Proven business development skills
- Knowledge of sales methodologies and tools, including the use of CRM systems
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; able to meet and interact with all levels of an organization, including the C-suite
- Enthusiasm about the company's products
- High degree of honesty, integrity and professionalism
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to develop pleasant and professional relationships with both employees and customers
- Independent self-starter with excellent organization and time management
- Perform work accurately and thoroughly with a high attention to detail
- A strategic thinker able to provide influence in a variety of settings
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects with tight deadlines, while being able to adapt to changing working conditions
- Proficient in the use of MSOffice (Word, Excel, Outlook) and their application to both internal and external document creation
- Diploma or Degree in Business, Sales or Marketing
- 3-5 years of experience in a direct (face-to-face) professional sales environment with a proven track record of success
- Experience in advertising sales and event sponsorship would be an asset
- Knowledge of the oil & gas market and the various sub-segments is an asset