Green Shield Canada (GSC) is no longer just a traditional health and dental benefits provider. We’re growing more different…and that’s a good thing!
With a starting point as Canada’s fourth largest health benefits provider, GSC manages and administers benefit plan programs for nearly four million plan participants nation-wide. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we are driven by our Purpose: to make it easier for people to live their healthiest lives. And we’re fully committed to the talented team of employees who delight our clients and set our organization apart as an industry leader.
We are also proud to have been selected by Waterstone Human Capital as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures™. This award confirms GSC’s longstanding reputation as a company that respects and engages its employees – one that provides an excellent working environment and offers challenges and career growth.
WHY GSC IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
With all our cutting edge solutions, there’s never a dull moment
Our approach to offering and managing health benefits is always forward-thinking, from the promotion of digital mental health therapies (such as Inkblot) to predictive modelling of claims data insights, and the use of AI in our industry-leading Claim Watch™ fraud detection and prevention strategy.
We invest in our employees
As we grow, so do our employees. We offer training and professional development to ensure employees excel and are well positioned for career advancement within GSC. We encourage our team to continue their education – and we help fund it.
You’re part of something bigger
As a social enterprise, we re-invest our profits to support local communities and advocate to make it easier for Canadians to live their healthiest lives. Our employees – and customers – benefit from knowing they are contributing to enhancing the common good.
We don’t stop there. Check out these other perks:
Generous time off (including vacation, holiday shut-down between Christmas and New Years, and having your birthday off)
Full and flexible benefits on day one (it is our business after all)
Convenient commute accessibility (…if we ever commute again!)
THE ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
The Contract - Business Analyst, Client Administration will report to the Supervisor, Client Administration in the following capacities:
- Liaise with Sales and Clients in the implementation of new clients and change management of existing clients.
- Business contact for IT and clients for system-related issues.
- Key business user in the development and testing of system initiatives and changes including managing system problems.
- Resource for investigating and resolving accounts receivable issues.
- Expert in data manipulation including report design and creation as needed.
- Project leader for system and process reviews supporting enhancements, productivity improvements and efficiencies.
- Organizational resource, assisting the Supervisors and Manager of Client Administration of Client Administration with position papers and other departmental initiatives.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- University Degree or College Diploma.
- Further education related to industry designations considered an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis and problem resolution.
- Experience working with complex data relationships and structure.
- Very organized and able to balance workflow of multiple tasks and projects in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Effective in developing relationships and contributing to team performance in a highly collaborative environment.
- Team-oriented personality – able to work well independently while contributing to team goals.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Proficiency in: Excel, Word, SAP Business Objects, and other Data Base Utilities & Query Tools.
NICE TO HAVE
- Bilingualism (English & French)
- Proficiency in: MS Access, PowerPoint
Applications will be received from July 19, 2021 until August 2, 2021.
If you are interested in this role, we invite you to apply from the page that opens.
Providing this information gives GSC consent to use your personal information to assess your suitability for specific positions, future opportunities or for your personnel file. Your résumé will be held in strict confidence, and will be viewed only by the Organization. Information may be stored outside of Canada and could be used for aggregate statistical purposes (which uses no personal identification).
At GSC, we embrace diversity and inclusion in our workforce and workplace. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable environment for people to be themselves. We encourage applications from all candidates and will accommodate needs under human rights legislation throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please let us know of any accommodations through [email protected] Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.