Responsible for developing relationship with the architectural, engineering and design build community to educate about Mitsubishi products, their applications, increase the number of specifications, and subsequent sales. Work with commercial distributor partners in education and application of Mitsubishi commercial products in the assigned territory.
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Call on local architects, engineers, and design-build professionals to educate them on Mitsubishi Variable Refrigerant Flow systems, other Mitsubishi products and their applications.
- Develop relationships with local engineers, architects, and contractors.
- Participate in local professional networking groups, industry associations, and functions.
- Attend and participate in industry trade shows.
- Develop relationship with utility companies and builders.
- Prepare and deliver educational presentations to architects, engineers, contractors, and distributor personnel.
- Assist with design and application of Mitsubishi products.
- Keep track of job bids and maintain accuracy of job bid database.
- Advise Senior Sales Engineer on market conditions, including competitive landscape and market opportunities.
- Keep abreast of competition.
- Actively participate in Distributor Sales planning.
- Develop commercial market within territory.
- Develop Distributor sales personnel to be proficient in selling/offering Mitsubishi products.
- Performs other job functions as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in mechanical engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years sales experience, preferably in the HVAC industry.
- Minimum of 2 years calling on the engineering community.
- Familiar with HVAC distributors and dealer organizations helpful.
- Ability to read and comprehend architect and engineer plans.
- Familiar with PowerPoint/Excel/Word and other Microsoft Office products.
- Willing to travel.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Familiarity with HVAC application and design is preferred.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, domestic partnership, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, military or veteran status or other legally protected status (except when one of these criteria is a legally permissible bona- fide occupational qualification).
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the Company, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.
Click here to view the EEO is The Law Poster and the supplement.
Click here to view the Notice to Job Applicants and Employees regarding San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and the Know Your Rights poster.
Applicants with a disability who need assistance with the application process may contact Human Resources by email at [email protected] or by calling 714.229.3813.