Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is seeking a Geographical Area Sales Manager for its North region. This role is responsible for managing a regional sales team of Manufacturer’s Representatives that meets its volume growth (balanced selling), price quality, and customer satisfaction objectives, through excellent external and internal customer relations and an increasing share in the regional area of responsibility. Proactively drive sales in the C&I market, increasing new and existing business.
- Participates in the sales strategy discussions for assigned region and agrees to short and long-term goals, incorporate growth targets as appropriate.
- Achieves sales targets through proactive management of Sales Rep organizations, market analysis and performance management of Reps.
- Relentless pursuit of determining where our customers perceive value to assist our Businesses in aligning their value proposition with the Customers buying criteria.
- Implements measures to achieve sales of products, systems and services in the assigned regions for the C&I segment. Also ensures sales targets are met or exceeded.
- Ensures Manufacturer’s Representatives in the region operate in alignment with Power Grids business processes, standards and core values. Proactively manages the performance and continually assesses the Rep network to ensure ultimate value to Power Grids.
- Maintains awareness of competitive landscape in the region.
- Conducts period reviews and proposes recovery pa(s) in cases of potential order shortfalls.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or business administration or technical field and minimum 12 years in engineering with minimum of 3 years of that experience working in sales and experience working with sales/manufacturer’s reps.
- Equitable experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi ABB Power Grids in the United States.
- Advanced degree desirable
- Account Management experience
- Experience with salesforce.com
- Experience in performance managing manufacturer’s reps including measurement of performance against established KPI’s and ensuring the appropriate network of Representatives
- Responsible for Sales accounts/region of $10 MUSD or higher
- Experience in C&I sales
- Understanding and experience with portfolio of products and services in the Power Grids C&I segment
- Note: Location may be flexible. However, it must be based within the Region
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Hitachi ABB Power Grids is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi ABB Power Grids career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi ABB Power Grids HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected] Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-NAM1
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program