Talent Acquisition Specialist
Canada Toronto, ON, Canada Virtual Req #53
Thursday, August 5, 2021
This position partners with every function of the business to drive and improve our full cycle talent acquisition process and to help us reach our growth goals. The Talent Acquisition Specialist is required to pro-actively source, attract, engage, excite, and hire qualified and competent staff (employees and contractors). This role is a key communicator of the organization’s employee value proposition via direct contact with candidates and works closely with hiring managers to understand and fulfill needs.
- Support the full cycle recruitment in hiring for various roles within the organization, acting as a key internal business partner who adds value to hiring managers and their respective teams.
- Creatively and proactively source and network with passive candidates for roles using all tools available including social media. This includes creating accurate and effective external job advertisements.
- Handle a high volume of vacancies and candidates at any given time. Screen and interview a high volume of candidates while managing multiple requisitions simultaneously. Source qualified candidates, screen resumes and conduct telephone pre-screening interviews, and present a shortlist with profile summary to hiring managers highlighting qualification and culture compatibility with a recommendation.
- Conduct effective interviews with candidates, documenting questions and answers to properly assess competencies, skills, qualifications and suitability. Maintain accurate and complete recruitment project files.
- Effectively qualify candidates and ensure that they meet internal hiring requirements including background screening, references, testing, etc.
- Works collaboratively with the head of HR and hiring managers to assess current and future hiring needs.
- Assist in leading the efforts to diversify hiring sources to support a diversified and inclusive workforce.
- Identify and recommend starting salaries for new hires being mindful of internal equity, established ranges and utilizing benchmarking tools for market specific compensation guidance.
- Initiate and create accurate and timely employment offers. Offer guidance and lead the offer and negotiation process through to its completion. Follow up with hiring managers and assist with the candidate’s transition and onboarding process
- Become a super-user of the ATS (applicant tracking system).
- Provide regular reporting on recruitment metrics as requested.
- Be able to lead and manage specific recruitment functions as required (i.e., contract staffing for project implementation or university recruitment for co-ops and new graduates). Participate in off-site and virtual recruitment efforts to attract new graduates or students as required which may include university relations and job fairs.
- Work to continually develop social media enhancements for recruitment and promotion of our company brand.
- Participates in special HR projects and performs additional duties as required.
- Facilitate and support the creation of internal job descriptions alongside the Director of Human Resources and the hiring manager for new positions and review existing job descriptions prior to commencing searches to validate existing job responsibilities, role outcomes and competencies and aligning or updating to internal salary and compensation guidelines.
- Ongoing compliance with organizational policies, procedures, and practices (such as but not limited to security policies) are an ongoing requirement of the employment or contractual agreement. Non-compliance may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- At least 5 years of full-cycle talent acquisition experience is preferred, ideally within a rapid-growth environment working on roles in multiple departments at all levels. Full cycle recruitment experience in an IT environment is ideal but not required, preferably in a start-up environment, supporting both technical and non-technical teams. Experience working at a high growth company during a time of heavy project scaling is an asset (external client implementation projects).
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in Human Resources or a combination of similar recruitment and human resources experience with human resources education, courses, certification.
- Experience and good working knowledge of job description development, defining and creating candidate profiles, identifying competencies and skills, creating effective external job advertisements, etc.
- Experience working on a minimum of 5-8 open roles simultaneously. Proven ability to prioritize and track multiple projects in parallel.
- Experience working on a range of roles in a variety of departments: Development, Product, Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Implementation, Finance, etc.
- Expertise in proactively sourcing candidates via numerous strategic sourcing avenues. Ability to network extensively, establish relationships, communicate and build rapport effortlessly and be able to talk passionately about the mission and products of Smile CDR.
- Proven ability to conduct applicant sourcing, in depth screening and interviews and be able to build a strong inbound talent brand.
- Extensive experience managing candidate assessment processes and collecting feedback from many stakeholders and driving the entire recruitment process.
- Superior organizational, planning, written and verbal communication and attention to detail skills required to juggle multiple open roles and various moving pieces of hiring processes at different stages.
- Proven ability to be highly responsive and customer focused.
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
Smile CDR is committed to recruitment practices that are inclusive, non-discriminatory, and welcoming of persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of our selection process. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the selection process, please let us know.
Job Type: Full-time