What you will do
As an Account Representative at Johnson Controls, you will take responsibility for the sale of Johnson Controls Building Efficiency offerings to owners up to the Director and/or Vice President level, promoting the Johnson Controls value proposition to building owners/end users by providing business and technical solutions to meet building operation’s needs.
How you will do it
- You will work as part of a team, building and managing long-term customer relationships/partnerships with assigned accounts. With responsibility for fostering customer satisfaction and loyalty while working in conjunction with operations partners, you will work to position renewable service agreements as a foundation of managed account relationships. While executing the sales process you will at the same time be cultivating and managing long-term relationships, seeking out, qualifying and closing new sales opportunities.
- Manage multiple, ongoing, opportunities, working to sell, renew and expand renewable service agreements, including multi-year agreements, to both new and existing customers.
- Share technical knowledge and business expertise with customer to optimize the solution to customer’s operational needs; assess customer's operational and environmental objectives, needs and requirements.
- Act as customer’s advocate in interactions with JCI, ensuring customer obtains the best value from Johnson Controls offerings; set appropriate customer expectations with regard to JCI offerings.
- Build partnering relationships owners and/or owner representatives responsible for the decision-making process.
- Utilizes applicable sales tools too effectively to plan and document progress, as well as increase business opportunity in accounts.
- Create competitive, high quality and timely estimates, proposals, and cost/benefit analysis; effectively write, and present proposals; negotiate value, address resistance, and close the sale.
- Sell, with minimal supervision, the Johnson Controls offerings persuasively, persistently and confidently to building owners while reaching optimal profit levels.
- Seek out, target and initiate contact with multiple prospective customers in alignment with JCI strategy; develop and maintain a network of industry contacts.
- Participate in final project inspection; ensure customer is trained and oriented to system operation and the value of services delivered.
- Actively participate on select key and target customer account teams.
- You take pride in your ability to maintain high levels of quality, service and productivity. You have a knack for solving complex problems in a manner that is imaginative, thorough and practical. Customer service is your priority.
What we look for
- University degree or equivalent combination of education and or experience:
- Progressively-responsible field sales experience with the ability to handle large volume of transactional sales.
- Technical field experience.
- Or a combination of all.
- HVAC or building automation systems knowledge.
- Demonstrated commitment to integrity and quality in business.
- Strong interpersonal communication and collaborative skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft word, excel, and outlook
- Bachelors in business, engineering, or related discipline.
- At least 2-4 years progressively-responsible field sales experience, with the ability to handle long term strategic sales.
- HVAC or building automation systems experience.
- Demonstrated ability to influence the market at key levels.
- Proficiency in salesforce or other CRM software
- Experience estimating HVAC retrofits
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Strong presentation skills
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.
Job Sales & Marketing
Primary LocationUS-TX-Corpus Christi
Organization Bldg Technologies & Solutions