Regional Business Manager – Rare Disease (Ontario Territory)
- Responsible for leading and developing local strategic customer relationships in order to grow Takeda´s business within compliance and legal requirements.
- Candidate must be a highly motivated, self-directed, results driven individual with a proven track record of successful key account management in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical space.
Therapy & Product Liaison
- Deliver agreed strategy and all necessary tactics within the key accounts in order to drive Takeda performance, including and not limited to delivering product and therapeutic knowledge, detailing to prescribers and key stakeholders.
- Provide in-service training on disease state and relevant Takeda therapies to all key stakeholders.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of relevant therapies and competitive products (data, studies, outcomes and current promotional messaging).
- Act as an ambassador for the Takeda brand, its vision and values that achieves patient focus at all levels of the business.
- Operate in a manner that is always in line with compliance and legal requirements and aligned with marketing/sales strategies.
- Manage and monitor key accounts and develop strong relationships with key customers including but not limited to KOLs, treating physicians, nurses, hospital pharmacists and transfusion services.
§ Formulate comprehensive and insightful key account plans to build, manage and improve trustful relationships with key stakeholders, whilst maximizing Takeda performance.
- Utilize knowledge of physician/KOLs product loyalty/commitment to set appropriate strategies and tactics for each account (e.g., maximize account potential, minimize account risk, drive KOL loyalty etc.)
- Develop deep local insights into priority accounts in order to shape and implement innovative offerings to meet account needs.
- In coordination with the Brand Team, shape and identify key marketing strategies that reflect customer needs and implement activities to support this strategy
- Be responsible for achieving/exceeding objectives for assigned therapies.
- Prioritize and manage accounts within assigned territory by assessing appropriate business opportunities through contacts with key decision makers and important local players.
- Consistently seek new opportunities to drive results that meet unique needs of territory key accounts, ensuring Takeda is trusted partner of choice.
- Champion Key Account Management approach and share best practices amongst RBM team.
- Track and communicate KPIs and performance metrics as defined in the account plan
- Report on progress and deviations to National Sales Manager or Business Unit Director
- Weekly reporting and analyzing and follow-up of activities in CRM system.
- Leverage CRM systems to prioritize call objectives based on customer segmentation, strategies/ tactics, realistic milestones and previous interactions with customers.
Communication & Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Develop and maintain strong, effective and constructive relationships with external partners including KOLs, therapy nurses, other HCPs, patient associations, hospital pharmacists and administration to name a few by taking a leadership role in the communication and liaison between all external customers
- Proactively engage in collaboration with fellow KAM team as well as other field partners, including MSLs to ensure alignment in objectives and coordination of activities with accounts and external stakeholders
- Identify and raise relevant issues and propose potential solutions through the appropriate internal and external channels
- Conduct market surveillance and communicate in-field intelligence on customer insights, external stakeholder activities and trends to key internal stakeholders, particularly the BU Head and Product Manager on a regular basis
- Demonstrated ability to convert market and therapy knowledge into business success
- High level of strategic and analytical thinking around a product and therapeutic area
- Self-starter, ability to work independently while being collaborative with cross-functional team
- Be required to travel as per territory requirements (minimum 50%), including training, internal meetings and congresses.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; MBA or graduate degree a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of successful pharmaceutical sales/key account management experience
- Strong preference to candidates with experience in rare disease space
- Demonstrate superb written, verbal and presentation skills. Proficiency in creating and analyzing spreadsheets, presentation and territory management software.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.