Wonderful Sales LLC
Wonderful Sales™ is the sales and merchandising organization for The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion company with some of the most iconic consumer brands including Wonderful® Pistachios, Wonderful® Halos®, POM Wonderful®, FIJI® Water, JUSTIN® and Landmark® wines.
The Regional Sales Manager is a key player on the Wonderful Team and is expected to be a strategic, pro-active creative problem solver and with a demonstrated track record of professional & persuasive sales skills. We are looking for someone who understands healthy, high quality products and is passionate about driving quality as well as volume. This role reports in to the Director of National Sales, Canada and is headquarter based in Oakville, Ontario Canada.
A Day In The Life at Wonderful Sales:
As the Regional Sales Manager you will lead strategic planning, execute brand plans and through collaboration with the cross-functional teams you will maximize our volume and the customer's growth potential. You will be responsible for customer headquarter account management. As the Regional Sales Manager you will:
- Sell programs directly to key buyers by capitalizing on strong business relationships and capturing opportunities with a creative approach to satisfy brand objectives and maximize volume
- Create tailored persuasive sales presentations
- Develop key multi-level relationships within the customer by exemplifying strong emotional intelligence
- Manage a trade fund budget for each brand group
- Understand business metrics through examination of shipments and syndicated data and leverage information to influence business decisions.
- Collaborate and communicate retailer plans with the Wonderful Sales Merchandising team to drive in-store execution
- Partner with cross-functional teams (e.g. marketing, operations) that result in alignment of common objectives
- Surface volume building opportunities to the Director of National Sales, Canada and Marketing teams
- Actively participate in the development and execution of e-commerce initiatives at the customer and collaborate with the Wonderful Company E-Commerce team
- Demonstrate a high sense of urgency and drive through tactful persistence
- Be able to effectively manage administrative selling activities including forecasting and demand planning.
- Network within the industry and at key customer events / initiatives. The successful candidate is expected to build and leverage a strong network within the Canadian produce community.
Your Contribution to Wonderful Sales:
- Required minimum CPG (or similar industry) sales experience of 7-10 years demonstrating progressive responsibility and achievements.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience selling multiple product lines (ideally from multiple companies or brands) to multiple headquarter accounts.
- Direct selling experience versus simply managing a brokered or third-party sales team.
- Branded premium produce experience or similar CPG experience (branded, premium, and perishable products).
- Knowledge of technology and software tools to (1) prepare and deliver persuasive sales presentations, (2) prepare and track sales forecasts, and (3) track key account activities throughout the year.
- Strong appreciation for the Wonderful Company values and culture especially related to health and wellness.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with retail customer POS and analytics systems and the capability to turn data in to actionable insights.
- You are comfortable with traveling up to 40% for customers meetings, trade shows, collaboration and conferences.
Our dedication to you:
- Competitive benefits packing including Medical, Vision, Dental, RRSP contribution
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Work life integration. The Canadian Team has its headquarters located in Oakville, Ontario.
- Company car allowance
The Wonderful Sales team is responsible for the sales of Wonderful produce items through supermarkets and retailers across the U.S. and Canada. Our associates support nearly 20,000 stores and are devoted to promoting our high-quality branded products. The team consists of sales professionals, merchandisers, a direct store delivery group in New York, and a Los Angeles-based headquarters staff, which includes finance, analytics, and support.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
Wonderful Sales complies fully with applicable human rights legislation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any prohibited status under such legislation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.