Role: Field Operator
Location: Houston, TX
Reports To: Head of Field Operations
Job Overview: Bear Robotics is one of the leading companies in our field while carrying out our mission to transform the future of work in the hospitality industry by automating repetitive tasks and helping people provide outstanding service. We are hiring a talented Field Operator professional to join our team. If you're excited to be part of a winning team, Bear Robotics is a great place to grow your career.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Deploy and maintain robots in a wide variety of hospitality industry settings.
- Monitor robot performance and utilization
- Troubleshoot software, hardware and workflow issues
- Manage customer success by maintaining strong relationships and regular communication with the three pillars of our customer base: owners, operators and guests.
- Collect and analyze product feedback
- Train users on day to day use, upkeep and maintenance of the robot.
- Interact with customers regularly and represent VOC internally
- Strong ability to analyze operational performance and optimize workflows where necessary
- Occasionally test prototype product features to determine acceptability and recommend modifications.
- Document all field activities and corrective actions accurately for future reference.
- Ability to work flexible hours as our customers are in the hospitality industry and operating hours can vary
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in computer science, software engineering, electrical engineering, or robotics engineering.
- Experience with the Linux Terminal (Preferred)
- Ability to read and edit code
- Great troubleshooting skills and ability to work under pressure
- Availability on weekends for occasional on-call support
- Great customer service skills
- Have a current, valid driver's license and a clean driving record
- Overnight travel to other office locations and customer sites (up to 60%)
We are Bear Robotics, a team who has worked hard on developing our amazing robot Servi. Since starting in 2017, our culture of fun, collaboration, and smart ideas has catapulted us to the ~100 people at Bear Robotics you see today. We never stop looking for the brightest minds to help us solve big problems in the hospitality industry.
As a startup, Bear Robotics provides the opportunity for personal development, cross-
functional growth, and building up expertise in your field. We pride ourselves on communicating ideas rapidly, and achieve this by keeping our hierarchy flat and meetings to a minimum. People who come up with the best ideas and initiatives are rewarded in our employee bonus program!
Servi autonomously shuttles food from the kitchen out to customers tables and then brings the dishes back for cleaning, but has no plans to stop there! Our goal is to become the number one company in the world for hospitality robotics. Servi is already in kitchens around the world, and we are on the cusp of mass distributing our robots. Apply today to join the Bear team!