Butler Mortgage is a multi-decade, full-service mortgage brokerage. Dave Butler’s team has been awarded the Top Volume Broker award by CMP (Canadian Mortgage Professionals) 4 years running!
Butler Mortgage works with a network of lenders developed over the years to provide our customers with many options. We consistently focus on providing the most value for our customers and continue to provide top-notch customer service! We are very proud to say that most of our business comes from repeat clients and their referrals of friends and colleagues.
Our Team consists of a great group of like-minded individuals who strive for excellence in our industry. If this sounds like you, we would love for you to join our Team!
We have an immediate position open for a JuniorMortgage Underwriter/Account Representative who will be a part of the team at our ever-growing, fast-paced mortgage brokerage firm.
This candidate will be responsible for imputing the Client’s application into Filogix and underwriting the mortgage file. The ideal candidate will have worked in a high volume, face-paced environment.
At Butler Mortgage a large portion of our clients are investors, so we require an Underwriter/Account Representative that can problem solve and advise our Clients on long term investment strategies. There will be training/guidance as it involves processes and systems specific to Butler Mortgage and our specific Lenders, however, we are looking for a skilled underwriter who would require minimal instruction in their skilled field.
We require someone who is organized, detail-oriented, and a multitasker with motivation to deliver the service and care to our clients that they deserve!
- Input of the Client Application
- Data entry into Filogix and our custom CRM/Mortgage System ZOHO
- Document collection as required
- Underwrite the file
- Advise Clients on their best options to suit their needs and future planning
- Organize meetings with Client and Sales Agent
- Miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned
- An experienced mortgage underwriter is a must!
- Knowledge of Filogix
- Excellent email and computer skills
- A high degree of accuracy and thoroughness
- Able to prioritize and efficiently manage a high volume of work
- Ability to work independently and as a team in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including a professional telephone manner
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office 365 preferred
- Experience with ZOHO CRM Software is an asset
- Experience with Kofax (Nuance) PDF Editor is an asset
- High level of discretion required in dealing with confidential matters
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bonus pay
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Mortgage Underwriting: 1 year (required)
- A Lenders (High Volume): 1 year (required)
- B Lenders (High Volume): 1 year (required)