Explorance is a rapidly growing software company recognized for its unique workplace culture. We strive to be the best we can be for our people, our customers, and the community. Currently, we are seeking an Account Manager for our Higher Education division who thrives in a demanding, fast-moving environment to join our dynamic team.
The Account Manager for our Higher Education division works as a key member of the sales and customer account team responsible for maintaining customer satisfaction and maximizing revenue from existing accounts in our higher education space. These accounts are colleges and universities across North America. The Account Manager is part of a sales and client success team that is made up of an: Account Executive, Sales Development Representative, and Client Success Manager. Together this team is responsible for driving new logo business, renewal and growth of the existing business in a specific geographic region.
What you will do as an Explorance Account Manager
- Renew and grow expiring agreements with clients that are assigned to the account team
- Build relationships with Explorance’s customers and employees
- Act as a trusted adviser and consistent source of relevant information for your contacts
- Work collaboratively with your team of Account Exec, Sales Development Representative, and Client Success Manager to develop plans for each account to ensure renewal and expansion of the Explorance solution.
- Work closely with clients assigned to your team to review current services and enhancements
- Carry out regular initiatives and campaigns
- Utilize a solution approach to selling and creating value for customers
- Set challenging goals, monitor progress, and make sure that results are achieved as planned
- Identify and close quick, small wins while managing longer, complex sales cycles
- Exceed activity, pipeline, and revenue targets
- Act as a liaison between internal teams to ensure customer needs are being met; coordinating between Sales, Operations, and Finance teams
- Ensure customer retention and growth by maintaining customer satisfaction
What you will bring to the role
- Client-centred mentality with the ability to communicate in a way that is positive, composed, courteous, and professional.
- Excellent written / verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to consistently close deals through effective negotiations and deal management
- Strong business development, technical presentation skills, and the ability to present technical concepts and business solutions clearly through demonstrations and proposals
- Responsiveness and thorough follow-up with customers and prospects
- Outstanding organizational and process skills to ensure top priorities are consistently being pursued
- Ability to follow existing procedures with the flexibility and creativity to develop, learn, and implement new processes
- 2+ years in a combination of sales, customer relationship management, and/or enterprise solution executive role with experience in driving opportunities and projects to closure.
Successful candidates will have
- Experience SAAS Account Management ideally within Higher Education
- Self-motivation, problem-solving capabilities, able to work with little direction
- Hunter type personality combined with board room presence and presentation skills
- Strong work ethic
- Leadership qualities
- Willingness to travel
- Demonstrated ability to exceed individual quarterly and annual quotas
Additional languages and Salesforce.com experience are appreciated.