The Opportunity: As a Senior Software Engineer on CR’s eCommerce development team, you will design and build software components for the delivery of web applications to millions of Consumer Reports users. One of the big projects that you will be involved in over the next year will include migrating API and batch operations to run on Kubernetes using Cloud native technologies.
What you will do:
- Design, develop, implement and test software modules and other technology components for consumerreports.org and related customer-facing web properties using agile and CI/CD software development practices.
- Design, develop and implement payment and billing services in Java/ Spring boot.
- Analyze business requirements, provide development estimates and feedback, and determine implementation/execution approaches.
- Work with other software engineers, database developers, infrastructure, operations and QE teams to design and implement quality software solutions.
- You have a bachelor’s in CS in addition to four years of experience in back end software development using Java/ Spring boot framework in addition to Web Services, REST and API design in an agile environment.
- Experience with high volume, high-availability applications and systems.
Big Bonus Points For: *
- Experience with web technologies under e-commerce enabled environments using multi-tier architectures.
- Experience with Payment processing, PCI DSS, and OWASP secure web coding a plus.
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS.
- Experience Lucene & Solr.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Consumer Reports: At CR, we believe our continued ability to understand and advance the interests of all American consumers is possible only if our staff fully reflects the full cultural, racial and ethnic diversity of those consumers. Consumer Reports is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Location: 101 Truman Avenue, Yonkers, NY 10703
Job Type: Full-time