- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in the areas of finance, business management and/or sales operations in mid-to-large scale global Sales Organization
- 5+ years of experience with the development and implementation of systems, processes and tools utilized for CRM, variable compensation, revenue reporting, and forecasting
- 5+ years of experience using BI tools, CRM software, and excel
- 1+ years of experience with Tableau publishing datasets and building Tableau dashboards
This position will be responsible for leading formalization of the financial and business reporting for the State and Local Government vertical within the Worldwide Public Sector. The role will include establishing dashboards, operational metrics, and reports to support the rapid growth of the AWS public sector business.
The WWPS Sales Operations Lead will work in collaboration and coordination with the Sales Director they support, along with account teams, service teams, corporate finance, and Worldwide Sales Operations. The Operations Lead will help author strategic vertical narratives, lead the formulation of Quarterly Business Reviews, and evaluate and recommend new ways of managing business operations that can help accelerate AWS growth.
Key Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Manage all aspects of Worldwide Public Sector financial reporting and analysis for a Business vertical ensuring timeliness, completeness and accuracy of reporting
- Development of metrics and reports to manage sales pipeline, billed revenue and quota attainment
- Development of performance dashboards that encompass key metrics to be reviewed with senior Sales Directors and WWPS leadership team in order to drive and manage the business
- Help author narratives and lead the creation of Quarterly Business Reviews
- Coordinate with corporate teams to influence roadmap for enhanced business intelligence and CRM tools to support the business.
- Territory planning, Account segmentation & Quota development
- Issue Account Manager compensation plans
- Manage Headcount tracking and management
- Help WWPS Operations balance short term tactical goals with long term strategies For more information, visit https://aws.amazon.com/government-education/
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
- MBA with concentration in Business or Finance
- Self-motivated, action-oriented , multi-tasking individual with a great sense of urgency and follow-through
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Motivated self-starter who is proactive and action-oriented
- Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization that can scale quickly
- Exhibits sound business judgment, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership and leading data-driven analyses to support and grow a business.
- Experience working within a high-growth, technology company would be beneficial
- Familiarity with Public Sector and knowledge of government acquisitions along with applicable mandates and polices that govern the process
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity