ICU Job Description-2021
ICU is one of the fastest growing security integrators in California with a specialty in school campus safety and real time crime centers for law enforcement agencies. We are focused on customer outcomes, and our expansive portfolio consists of public safety cameras, security analytics, access control, mass communication, paging/intercom, audio/visual, campus safety audits/reporting/remediation, multipurpose sensors, and integrity/monitoring solutions. Our proven process produces measurable business outcomes for our customers.
ICU’s target market consists of public sector agencies such as cities, counties, law enforcement agencies, and educational institutions and school districts with a primary focus on K12 school districts and law enforcement within California.
The ISR is responsible for sales support and delivering quality leads for our sales team. The ISR must be confident and articulate on the phone and in person, capable of learning new concepts related to Security Technology solutions, willing to dig into research on prospects, and eager to set, meet, and report on goals related to lead generation. The ISR will be in direct contact on a daily basis with Regional Sales Manager(s) and Engineers supporting them in their assigned territories. Direct experience in inside sales, telemarketing, public sector sales, and/or marketing is a plus, but not required.
- Prospect daily using an omni-channel approach[A1]
- Sourcing new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound prospecting efforts
- Understanding customer needs and requirements
- Maintaining and expanding the CRM with prospects, accounts and additional contacts
- Research accounts, identify key stakeholders, generate interest, and initiate qualifying methodology
- Work with ICU’s strategic partners, manufacturers, and distributors to register opportunities, build pipeline, secure competitive pricing, and advance deals
- Perform effective online demos to customers/prospects.
- Attend pre-planning site visits, strategy meetings and vendor meetings[A2]
- Assist in the management of complex opportunities to ensure profitability, efficiency, and communication
- Generate sales estimates
- Coordinate with Engineering staff to maintain timeline expectations for sales opportunities[A3]
- Work directly with RSM throughout all stages of our proven process, including prospecting, sales stages, service execution, account management, renewals, and upsells
- Follow ICU’s sales process and ensures that every opportunity maintains adherence
- Facilitate account and target research to optimize effective outbound prospecting activities.
- Leverage tools such as Outlook Excel, Word, CRM, Chrome, Zoom, and other Software-as-a-Service platforms
- Create video messaging to enhance prospecting, account management, and opportunity management activities
- Attend tradeshows and assist with the organization and set up of these events.
- Interface with customer and prospect inbound requests in person and via electronic methods such email, webforms, and online chat.
- Experience in public sector sales including contracting is ideal but not required
- Experience with Educational Technologies is preferred but not required[A4]
- Highly proficient computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Capacity and enjoyment for learning new technologies, sales tactics, account strategies, industry content, and target market relevancies
- Prominent organization and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time adeptly
- Experience with CRM software and other SaaS applications
- Strong interpersonal, negotiating and closing abilities with excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in processing sales contracts and orders through a CRM system.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Able to work productively independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work from the office and from home without loss of efficiency and productivity
- High energy level, cheerful, positive attitude, competitive personality and drive to be successful
- This position does require flexibility with scheduling including weekends and holidays as needed
- Smart, innovative, and enjoys working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Passionate about meaningful outcomes for clients
The ideal candidate should be confident and articulate on both the phone and in person, capable of learning new concepts related to ICU Technology solutions, willing to dig into research on prospects, and eager to set, meet, and report on goals related to lead generation. You are passionate, driven, and have a self-starter mentality.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
This position does require flexibility with scheduling including weekends and holidays as needed.
Equal Opportunity Statement for Employment: ICU Technologies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. ICU Technologies expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Educational Technology Sales Experience is ideal but not a requirement
Experience with public sector purchasing vehicles such as GSA or CMAS is ideal but not a requirement
• Base Salary & Variable Compensation • Competitive health care plan • 401K Program • Bonuses • Travel Expenses