Funding Program Specialist
The Funding Program Specialist is responsible for growing the Rural Health Care business (RHC), i.e. the federally funded discount programs. The specialist will ensure each Rural Health Care facility within Frontier can offer its staff and patients internet connectivity at a low cost. The specialist provides administrative assistance to the sales organization in responding to bid requests and RFPs. The Funding Program Specialist is a subject matter expert assisting in all pre-sales funding matters, including but not exclusive to needs analysis, supporting multi-year account plans in partnership with the sales reps, RHC information sharing and administration activities. The Funding Program Specialist ensures the growth of the Rural Healthcare business in line with company sales goals and established position metrics.
- Partner with the Sales organization to drive the identification and creation of opportunities within rural health care facilities.
- Point of content as subject matter expert for federal funding programs such as Funds for Learning and the Rural Health Care Program.
- Effectively utilizing application tools for administering sales opportunities and quoting.
- Collaborate with Sales and Sales Operations in responding to RFPs associated with rural health care facilities in Frontier’s footprint.
- Track and report key metrics associated with specific sales opportunities associated with federal funded services.
- Inform and educate rural health care facilities on federal funding programs.
Partner with the Sales and Customer Service organizations to retain and grow business rural health care accounts through sustained long-term account planning.
- Experience in selling to the Rural Healthcare vertical
- Experience in the RHC program in the Telecom industry
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 2+ years’ experience of successful selling, where experience in Government, a plus
- Demonstrates exceptional follow-through, personal drive and the desire to make a positive contribution
- Maintains Company values and demands the highest standards of conduct from self and others
- Skilled at finding business opportunities within existing customer base
- Able to quickly adapt change
- Excellent listening skills and able to address customer concerns with positive outcomes
- Self-learner, with ability to master new business opportunities with minimum direction or training
- Interpersonal skills with ability to work well with all levels of the organization
- Detail oriented with item by item focus, meticulous attention to detail with ability to proofread for accuracy
- Judgment with ability to formulate opinions, compare and decide with good sense
- Organized state of mind with ability to document activities, anticipate problems, plan schedules and monitor performance according to priorities and deadlines