Job DescriptionPosition Purpose:
The Director of Sales Planning is responsible for driving and executing the sales plan for Stericycle’s healthcare and secure information destruction business units. This role will manage a team of shareowners with responsibility for company-wide (US and International) planning and will be responsible for ensuring alignment between the commercial, finance, field operations, and procurement teams to build an accurate demand forecast and sales plan while optimizing sales resources.
The individual will need strong analytical skills, advanced knowledge of planning systems, tools and processes and an ability to excel in a fast-paced business. It requires a detailed analysis and understand of customer trends, world class collaboration techniques with Sales, and the ability to clearly communication with senior leadership.
This role is high visibility that transcends the sales organization, using data and commercial intelligence to build a strategic plan for sustained revenue growth. This position is responsible for developing/refining our sales strategy to drive growth and achieve profitability objectives. Activities include managing our 1) sales plans & budgets 2) customer loyalty & retention strategies, 3) productivity and effectiveness of sales organization, 4) assignment of accounts to sales teams, and 5) overall analysis of the total business performance. Key Job Activities:
- Responsible for contributing to the achievement of overall revenue and profitability goals
- Provides leadership, direction, and change management to assist in developing go-to-market strategy, optimal sales structure, and define resource needs/allocation
- Works closely with external and internal parties to evaluate our current state and identify gaps in our sales strategies and org structure/sales coverage models. Develops sales strategy and planning through KPI creation, measurement, and implementation
- Works closely with Sales, Marketing, Field Operations, Finance and Customer Service to lead execution of key initiatives to address gaps in strategy, execution & operational gaps, and implement growth strategies to amplify team performance and productivity
- Develop performance management framework, including quota setting, key account assignments, and territory management
- Works closely within our sales org to design and manage cross functional projects with our sales, account management, product, operations and analytics teams to accelerate revenue growth
- Manage analysts and project managers (directly and in a matrix environment) to create technical solutions, tools, segment data and perform recurring and ad hoc analyses
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned Education: Preferred Education: in Bachelors or Equivalent Experience (North America & LATAM):
- Education equivalent to bachelor’s degree in Business or related field; MBA preferred or the equivalent in related work experience
- Ten or more years of finance, sales, marketing or operations experience including at least 5 years of pricing management and change management experience. Strong preference for 5 or more years of experience in both pricing and sales/mktg operations management
- Experience in service and/or healthcare related business preferred
- 3+ years of direct management experience
- Strong analytical thinker who can translate data into actionable insights
- Demonstrates a solid knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, SQL, Salesforce and PowerPoint
Stericycle offers a competitive salary and full benefits package including tuition reimbursement and job specific certifications included but not limited to forklift certification.
Stericycle currently offers its employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with Stericycle. Disclaimer:
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws. To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.