Responsible for working insurance and patient credits. Maintains credit A/R at acceptable levels by prompt review and resolution of the account.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Thoroughly and timely work credit and PLB records in work queues as defined by policies and procedures.
- Present unresolved concerns to Supervisor for resolution immediately with related documentation.
- Document account activity accurately and promptly during or immediately following each processed encounter.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely submission of credits
- Responsible for the analysis and necessary corrections of patient accounts as it pertains to refunds; posting errors; reversal of adjustments.
- Responsible for maintaining work queues .
- Responsible for telephone and/or written correspondence with insurance companies for refunds.
- Responsible for correctly identifying and updating various types of insurance entry information.
- Maintain basic understanding and knowledge of health insurance plans, policies and procedures.
- Make suggestions on improving Clinic procedures to improve billing accuracy and collections.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year experience in health care accounting, medical billing within a medical office required.
- Knowledge of private billing and collections regulations experience preferred.
- Must be a proactive problem solver, foster teamwork and trust, be highly skilled in prioritizing, organizing, planning, communication and staying on track.
- Demonstrated customer service expertise.
- Knowledge of government, commercial, and third party insurance contract practices and PLB processing procedures preferred.
- Keyboarding minimum 40 wpm.
- Accurate 10 key by touch and familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Must be able to work in a highly demanding atmosphere, with a variety of personalities within a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and extensive hands-on computer background.
- Must have reliable and predictable attendance.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work required in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of those assigned to this job.
We offer a competitive Total Rewards Program which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, generous time off, holidays, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. Eligibility for benefits is dependent on factors such as position type and FTE. Contact your recruiter for more information.
Vancouver Clinic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vancouver Clinic does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Documented vaccination, immunity, or written declination of vaccine for certain preventable contagious diseases, including COVID-19, is a requirement of employment at Vancouver Clinic. Vancouver Clinic is an alcohol and drug-free workplace. Offers are contingent on successful completion of drug screen, background screen, and immunization requirements.