Nalco Water, an Ecolab Company, has an immediate need for an Area Sales Manager within our Downstream team focusing on the refining market place. If you are a passionate sales professional with a proven track record of success in technical sales and leading teams, we invite you to apply. This is your opportunity to join a large growing company offering a competitive base salary, bonus structure and benefits. You will be primarily responsible for revenue and profit growth of Nalco Water programs and services in targeted accounts within our refinery segment. You will be required to take a consultative sales approach with a primary emphasis on strong account leadership skills and retention of strategic Nalco Water accounts. In addition, you must build long-term relationships with a large customer base by understanding their key business drivers, executing system assurance programs, and selling new technologies.
What’s in it For You:
- Flexible, independent work environment
- Access to best in class resources, tools and technology
- Develop your career as you drive business growth
- Thrive in a company that values a culture of safety to include top-notch safety training and personal protection equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package
What You Will Do:
- Work closely with current and new customers to understand business needs and recommend continuous improvement and innovation plans that will maintain and grow sales within assigned area.
- Leverage extensive product, service, and market knowledge in customer dialogue.
- Monitor local and regional competition, market shares, and pricing within assigned area.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in current and new customers, including plant or facility executives.
- Execute sales plans in assigned customer base and new customer accounts to meet defined territory revenue increase goals.
- Provide technical support to customers; identifying and resolving customer complaints, escalating as required.
- Engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data and providing written recommendations to ensure customer operations are performing at optimal levels.
- Actively sell and support Nalco Water innovations and technology in assigned customers to promote long-term business relationships and market differentiation.
- Anticipate customer needs based on knowledge of customer processes and operations; identify unmet customer needs.
- Provide support to the District in terms of being aligned with the customers and the market place around pricing strategies, service models, efficiencies, other potential revenue streams, product profitability, defending existing business, and prospecting.
- Monitor, track, and maintain adequate field chemical inventories and equipment as necessary.
- Provide analytics and delivery of all reports required by customer contracts and internal reporting responsibilities, such as service reports.
- Supervisory responsibilities including mentoring, coaching, training District Representatives and field service technicians.
- Must have the ability to Lift/Push/Pull/Carry up to 55 pounds/25 kg chest high
- Must be able to climb equipment via caged safety ladder
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of successful technical sales or field sales management experience
- Ability to travel within a geographic territory
- Ability to travel overnight for business
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- No immigration sponsorship offered for this role (US Only)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial), or Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
- Experience in refining and petrochemical industry preferred
- Water treatment or specialty chemical industry experience
- Working knowledge of boilers, cooling towers, and wastewater treatment systems
- Working knowledge of crude units and finished fuel treatment
- High computer application literacy (including Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn internal business systems)
- History of working in a field that required autonomy and self-motivation
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Account leadership experience that includes calling on multi-level plant or facilities management to accomplish company goals
- Strong work ethic and ability to multitask
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.