Reports to: SVP Business Banking Credit Officer
Status: Exempt / Non-Officer
Location: Remote within the Berkshire Bank footprint
Perform financial analysis and prepare underwriting documents to support and make recommendations for moderate size business banking credit requests. The Credit Associate provides support for the deal team in analysis, approval and execution.
- Accountable for underwriting all business opportunities.
- Communicates and maintains active dialogue with both the Relationship Manager and, when appropriate, the Client.
- Spreads, reviews and analyzes financial statements, projection models and all other relevant financial and non- financial data to develop a concise focused analytical foundation for a credit decision.
- Prepares thorough credit underwriting identifying industry concerns, market share trends, financial trends, collateral analysis, and other pertinent underwriting issues to present to the approving Credit Officer.
- Ensures underwriting and structuring decisions reflect commitment to strong asset quality.
- Confirms accuracy of all submitted data, and ensures compliance of submitted applications with all established Bank, regulatory, and compliance guidelines. Ensures loan decisions are processed within established timeframes and in accordance with Bank policies and procedures.
- Performs Commitment Letter review to assure that the documentation correctly reflects rates, terms and conditions of approved loans.
- Maintains effective communication with internal staff, working in coordination with the Relationship Managers, Loan Closers and Documentation Prep Team to facilitate the progress of approved loans through the closing process.
- When necessary, prepares analysis and write-ups for amendments, consents and waivers to existing credit documentation.
- When appropriate, may conduct periodic site visits with the Relationship Manager to assess management and business conditions.
- Ensure risk rating accuracy and compliance with Credit Policy
- Mentors the Credit Analysts.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and duties as necessary to ensure department objectives are met.
- Coordinates with the Relationship Managers in making recommendation regarding the extension of credit to new and existing Business Banking clients. In addition, works with the Relationship Managers on making recommendations on business relationships with Business Banking clients.
- Ensures compliance with all banking laws, rules, regulations and prescribed policies/practices/procedures necessary to reduce risk and uphold ethical standards related to and required by one’s duties.
- College degree with preference for a major in Business / Accounting / Finance / Economics.
- At least 3 years of Business Banking/Commercial loan experience or general banking experience with preference for working on Business Banking and commercial real estate transactions.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of both financial and managerial accounting.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel & Power Point)
Berkshire Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.