Parsons & Associates has been engaged by a specialty chemicals manufacturing company to recruit and fill a Regional Sales Manager position to support their western US territory. This position will be based in the western United States.
The hiring company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected class or veteran status.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for prospecting, building and maintaining strong customer relationships within his/her assigned region. The incumbent must have a thorough understanding of Company products and customers and remain current on industry and marketplace information. The Regional Sales Manager often works independently, but also needs to work as a team member in coordination with those in Inside Sales and in Plant Management.
- Operate as the business manager within assigned territory. Target and develop opportunities, exercise allocated pricing authority, and seek to maximize sales revenue and profitability
- Plan all sales activities and regular customer visits.
- Provide water treatment solutions to water and wastewater treatment plants. Perform jar testing and make detailed recommendations to address issues and/or for process implement
- Effectively respond to customer enquiries, concerns and issues in a timely manner.
- Participate in the development of territory sales forecasts and the annual operating plan
- Obtain, communicate, and identify opportunities, competitive information, customer needs, trends, and influences on key customers
- Develop creative ideas that generate and maintain new business
- Maintain regular contact with National Sales & Market Development Mgr and Customer Account Coordinators (CAC). Communicate quote and other pertinent requests to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Attend and participate in trade/technical shows and give technical presentations to customers
- Position involves travel a significant portion of the week.
- Perform special assignments or duties as delegated or assigned.
- Work on special projects and present results to senior management.
- A chemistry or chemical engineering degree with at least 8 years chemical industry sales experience. Prior experience in water and/or wastewater treatment account management and development is critical. Prior water/wastewater treatment experience may be a substitute for all or part of a degree.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and customer focus
- Demonstrated ability to foster long lasting business relationships
- Is competent and comfortable operating as a territorial business manager and working hands on in a customer’s laboratory
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Able to set priorities, multi-task, and manage time.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Able to interface with customer company personnel at all organizational levels, in corporate or operational settings,
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Office Suite and the Internet. A high degree of computer literacy, preferably with spreadsheets, databases and pivot tables.
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems such as Dynamics, SAP or Oracle would be valuable.
- Demonstrated ability to be part of a team while operating independently.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Sales-water treatment: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- On the road