Convergint is looking for a full-time, enthusiastic, results driven and forward-thinking Account Executive to join our amazing culture. In this role, you will prospect and cultivate new relationships across Canada, gaining an understanding of our clients’ needs while securing sales opportunities specifically for Ramtech/WES integrated security solutions. As an Account Executive, you are a part of a dynamic sales team that allows you to grow as Convergint grows.
Who You Are
You have a passion for providing world-class service to customers, colleagues and communities. You are a person of integrity with a commitment to growth, accountability and delivering results. You want to join an organization with a positive culture that embraces inclusion and allows everyone to be the best version of themselves at work and home. You want to grow with us and deliver results as an exceptional sales executive.
Who We Are
With 20-years of proven growth and exceptional performance, our mission is to be our customer’s best service provider. We realize the importance of diversity in achieving that goal. Our company was built upon a solid foundation of 10 Values and Beliefs which drive our unmatched culture, making us the #1 global, serviced-based systems integrator in the industry. We take great pride in protecting the lives and assets of our customers and their communities with the solutions we provide.
What you’ll do with “Our Training and Your Experience”
- This position requires you to sell Ramtech / WES integrated solutions specifically, for service and installation projects including building strategic accounts and cross-selling with core business AE’s Canada-wide.
- Evaluates and targets potential customer opportunities within the marketplace.
- Develops and implements sales marketing strategies to penetrate multiple vertical markets (e.g. new construction, education, health care, datacenters, industrial and commercial buildings).
- Focuses on building relationships with general contractors, insurance underwriters, AHJ’s, Building owners and managers and other contractors / vendor partners to develop new business.
- Actively participates in the promotion of Convergint through networking events, trade shows, professional associations
- Translates a wide variety of customer needs / requirements demonstrating originality and ingenuity into detailed customized proposals, solutions or services and project plans;
- Develops through collaboration with estimating and operations teams to prepare detailed cost estimates for suggested solutions.
- Pro-actively negotiates favorable T & Cs with clients on payment terms (timelines, milestones, mobilization) that maximize Convergint’s cash flow. assists with collections on projects where required.
- Reviews scope of work, terms and conditions in customer contracts including cost control, delivery fulfillment, and quality of service and other customer requirements as they arise.
- Documents and communicates clear project requirements to the execution team and the wider organization as required (pre-bid review, estimates, legal, risks and hand-over documentation.)
- Acts as “our customer’s best service provider” at all times thereby ensuring Convergint Technologies is the customer’s first choice for service.
What You’ll Need
- Good professional attitude with a passion and interest in technology-based applications & solutions
- Good sales skills and ability to uncover effective customer solutions
- Good enthusiasm and commitment with strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Shows initiative – engages in self-starting proactive behavior and looks for opportunities
- Very adaptable – responds effectively to changes in situation or information; ability to influence others and build consensus
- Solid verbal, written, organizational, listening and presentation skills to communicate effectively & building lasting relationships
- Good negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Good knowledge and understanding of IT networking principles and/or wireless technology
- Good knowledge of construction safety systems and protocols
Company Benefits and Perks
Convergint fosters a supportive, accessible, and inclusive environment in which individuals of different backgrounds and identities are able to realize their maximum potential within the company. We offer a variety of programs and exceptional benefits to all of our colleagues:
- Company Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Fun & Laughter Day Off
- Immediate comprehensive benefit plan (medical, dental, etc.)
- Employer contribution to RRSP
- Colleague Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Competitive salary and compensation plan
- Vehicle reimbursement plan
- Corporate Social Responsibility Day
- And much more…
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Diploma or Degree in Business/Communications or related field of study or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of two years of previous account development, sales or related experience required
- Experience in: Electronic Fire Alarm & Life Safety or Construction Safety considered an asset
Convergint is committed to a culture of Inclusion and Diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit our Convergint careers site to learn more about the company and the exciting opportunities available.