Position located in beautiful Victoria, BC
Lockhart Industries is an established HVAC and Refrigeration company that also specializes in Geo-Thermal on Vancouver Island.
We are looking for the right investing partner.
Skills and Attributes Required:
· High Intelligence
· Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to problem solve.
· Excellent client service skills, with the ability to work with a diverse workforce.
· Positive energy and motivated
· Competency with high-volume workload, and the ability to stay focused and make sound decisions.
· Operate small-powered equipment.
· Cut, fit, and seal various types of piping.
· Ability to communicate effectively with crew members including the written and spoken word.
· Ability to think logically about work at hand and compare site conditions with project designs.
· Ability to read blueprints and other project related documents.
· Proven to be reliable and hardworking.
· Problem-solver and be a creative thinker.
· Professional customer service skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Organized, efficient and able to work independently and as a part of the team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Include and not limited to):
- Regular Refrigeration Technician Tasks such as:
- Measure and lay out reference points for installation,
- Assemble and install refrigeration or air conditioning components,
- Measure, cut and connect piping using welding and brazing equipment,
- Start up system and test for leaks using testing devices,
- Recharge system with refrigerant, check and test regulators, calibrate system and perform routine maintenance and/ or servicing.
- Interpret gas codes.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and overhaul entire heating, ventilation, air handling, refrigeration, and air conditioning systems.
- Handle, recover and store refrigerants.
- Install, maintain, and repair equipment in refrigerated trucks
- Repair and replace parts and components for entire refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation, or heat pump systems.
- Read and interpret blueprints.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· 4 years experience in a similar role
· Reading and interpreting sketches and work specifications is an asset.
· Be physically fit to meet the physical requirements of the position.
· Drivers License and abstract
· Have own basic hand tools.
About Lockhart Industries:
We offer innovation and best practices in the HVAC/ Refrigeration field and, also specialize with GeoExchange equipment as well as our own custom designed innovating GeoExchange equipment. We foster a culture of learning, innovation and earth friendly options for heat and cooling installations.
Lockhart Industries’ GeoExchange projects range from installing ocean loops, horizontal/vertical ground loops, pond/lake loops in residential areas and schools as well as commercial/ industrial applications. Having also installed GeoExchange systems for commercial aquaculture clients, Lockhart is your industry expert when it comes to anything to do with geothermal / GeoExchange.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Are you located on Vancouver Island?
- Air Conditioning & Refrigeration ticket (preferred)
- Drivers Licence (preferred)