As a Sales Engineer, you’ll be working closely with the rest of the Sales team to develop a thorough understanding of our offerings and industry. You’ll be technical resource to the Sales, Business Development, and Customer Success Teams.
This is an external facing, technical position. It's a Sales Engineer role, NOT a Solutions Architect role. You’ll want to understand the technical components, but you will not be architecting the process.
You must be willing to work during standard US business hours and from 7-9pm CT for 1-3 nights per week to collaborate with colleagues abroad.
Because of this requirement, we offer time flexibility! You manage your own schedule so that you work the appropriate hours in a week. Your manager will not micromanage or track your time.
We are also pleased to offer remote flexibility! When our office reopens we will be moving to a hybrid schedule, where you can work from home 2-3 days per week and come in office 2-3 days per week.
A little bit about Alegion:
We are a caring, smart, passionate team with a dynamic culture. Our leadership is dedicated to creating a workplace where you can make an impact, feel valued, and have a LOT of autonomy. We recruit talented employees who are a strong fit for our culture and high-performing teams. And then we trust you to do a great job!
The Ideal Candidate:
We hire for talent and aptitude—You do NOT have to have a specific background.
We are excited to consider a variety of experience!
Key Qualities of a Great Candidate:
You are comfortable speaking with technical C-Level Executives
(You will be presenting to Data Scientists, ML Engineers, CTOs, and Chiefs of Security)
- You have 3-5+ years of experience
You could be from any type of background: Customer Success, Solutions Architect, Engineer, Technical Support, Sales Engineer, Product Manager
(Any role where you are interacting with customers in a technical capacity)
- You are willing to work during standard US business hours and from 7p - 9p CT for 1-3 nights per week to collaborate with colleagues abroad.
You have a Bachelor’s in an applicable field
(No particular degree required)
- You can come from any vertical—We can teach you AI/ML
- You have a technical nature
- You move quickly and are adaptable to change
- You have strong verbal, presentation, written, and organizational skills
Bonus Points If You Have:
(You don’t have to have this experience, but it’s great if you do!)
- Experience in Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence
- Computer engineering/Coding experience
- Software/Hardware experience
- Experience with APIs, Cleanup, and Security protocols
- Experience with Data manipulation and transformation (Python, SQL, R, JSON)
- Startup experience
- ML certification is a plus
What You Will Do
- Develop a thorough understanding of Alegion (i.e. products, services, and value proposition) and the key attributes of ideal customer fit
- Become an expert on the Alegion platform, APIs, services and products
- Demonstrate our software to prospective customers and partners
- Evangelize and represent Alegion as a technical leader in strategic sales opportunities, advise customers on what is possible with our platform and services
- Educate prospects on training data, machine learning, and artificial intelligence recommendations and best practices
- Act as a technical resource to the sales, business development, and customer success teams
- Design systems integrations and solve complex issues utilizing a variety of resources
- Data transformation and manipulation
- Manage multiple concurrent high visibility projects with a high degree of accuracy
- Monitor and report on applicable new trends in the marketplace
Day to Day:
At about 6 months in, you’ll be:
- Presenting 1-2 Demos per day
- Presenting to Data Scientists, ML Engineers, CTOs, Chiefs of Security
- Attending 1 to 3 Internal Meetings
- Testing Solutions
- Some amount of Solo Analytical Work
Step 1: Phone meeting with Nicole, our Senior Recruiter
Step 2: Zoom meeting with Matt, our Vice President of Sales
Step 3: Panel Zoom Meeting interview with team and different departments
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive total compensation package
- Meaningful stock grants
- Open PTO plan
- 12 company-paid holidays
Completing Your Application:
To complete your application you must:
(1) apply and submit a resume using the Apply feature on the job link page and
(2) complete two brief surveys through the Predictive Index. The PI Assessment link below will initiate the first survey. The link for the second survey will be sent to the email address that the applicant provides in the first survey form
All applicants are required to complete two Predictive Index assessments in addition to submitting a resume. The link above will initiate the first survey. The link for the second survey will be sent to the email address that the applicant provides in the first survey form.