Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy’s is also known for giving back to our communities.
The magic of Macy’s ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy’s (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy’s top executives started their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy’s. Macy’s stores are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy’s is the “Academy” for retail careers.
Our store management team has the privilege to lead, manage, and inspire a diverse and creative team in delivering store results. Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100% leader, you’ll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward. With frequent opportunities to advance, joining our store management team puts you on a fast-track to career success.
The Account Coordinator is the advocate for driving sales as the category/brand expert in Cosmetics for assigned stores/brands. Focus will be on elevating the store experience through extensive product knowledge and training, best in class customer service and collaborating and influencing store partners. The Account Coordinator will direct consistent store execution by being knowledgeable and strategic business partners, identifying opportunities. The Account Coordinator will strategize and lead the execution of Beauty events to drive sales and cultivate an environment of continuous learning for all Beauty Colleagues on the floor. The Account Coordinator leads the elevation of service by empowering all Beauty associates to become beauty experts, and support multi-brand selling across the floor. The Account Coordinator will also perform other duties as assigned.
- Analyze business results (store, category, brand, product, etc.) in order to identify and surface sales-driving opportunities to achieve goals.
- Communicate clear concise priorities, strategies and direction to Division and stores teams. Communication should be written, in person, and virtual as needed and tailored to the appropriate audience.
- Collaborate with Regional Merchandise Execution, Beauty Field Directors, and Stores partners to support growth in stores.
- Lead and participate in event execution, including corporate, promotional, vendor launch events and virtual events. Lead local event strategy, planning, and execution. Work with store, and division partners to plan and execute both in store and virtual events. Perform post-event analysis.
- Prepare for, participate in, and follow-up on store visits and pre-season planning meetings. Partner stores and plan for both in person and/or virtual visits to support store growth.
- Develop collaborative relationships with vendors; communicate priorities and needs.
- Direct, observe and assess consistent execution based on national execution guidelines and standards (i.e. planograms, fixture placement, visual/collateral); collaborate with corporate and store partners to accomplish. Ensure local, store, and vendor execution aligns with national guidelines and standards. Identify areas of opportunities; own solutions to store for corrective action.
- Visit competition; observe and evaluate competitive opportunities; communicate findings to central and regional teams.
People, Selling, & Training
- 4 Year / Bachelors Degree
- 3-5 years of retail management experience, preferably in Beauty.
- Be a change agent; encourage self and others to challenge the status quo with forward thinking strategies.
- Demonstrate and drive excellent service and selling through reinforcing customer-centric culture among Beauty Advisors.
- Work closely with Beauty CSX and Counter Managers to set coaching priorities for the department.
- Focus leaders on customer acquisition through clientelling using MyClient to enhance client relationships and loyalty.
- Support leaders in training store colleagues, reinforce and monitor colleague engagement and completion of education requirements and learnings.
- Support vendor partnerships and align with corporate teams to ensure all product training is relevant and aimed at educating store teams on improving selling techniques.
- Recognize store team performance during visits. Reinforce and support department objectives by connecting brand success with the overall growth of the Beauty department.
- Support the onboarding of new Beauty Leaders, and Beauty Advisors.
- Support Store Leadership in hiring and recruiting Beauty team members at assigned brand.
- Regular and dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Effectively communicate and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, and all levels of internal and external business partners.
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
- Ability to monitor and maneuver workflow to achieve priorities.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Requires periods of walking, standing, communicating, reaching, crouching and climbing ladders
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
Travel Required 50%