Position Type: Staff
Location: Boston Main Campus
Categories: Advancement and Alumni Relations
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern’s comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
The Northeastern community has a tradition of giving back, and each day, we witness the impact of our community’s remarkable generosity. Our students are pursuing co-ops in all corners of the globe, growing their cultural fluency and preparing to thrive in the world. Our faculty are delivering leading-edge scholarship, teaching and mentoring tomorrow’s leaders. And our researchers are pioneering new lines of inquiry, accelerating discovery in emerging fields. Northeastern University Advancement and the Advancement Information Systems team play an integral role in engaging the Northeastern community to create a stronger, more sustainable, and bright future.
The Salesforce Coordinator reports to the Salesforce Business Analyst and Training Manager in University Advancement’s department of Advancement Technology. The Coordinator will provide front line Salesforce Help Desk support for a portfolio of over 200 users in University Advancement.
The Coordinator will work independently and use interpersonal and consultative skills to gain an understanding of reporting requests from functional users and will be the key point of contact for ad hoc report requests and report triage for reports up to medium complexities. They will use problem solving skills to assist the fundraising staff in optimal use of Salesforce data within reports to achieve their goals. The Coordinator will assist in training sessions targeted at teaching the Salesforce training model. They will manage all data uploads for Advancement staff and will manage the internal Salesforce audit of user updates. The Coordinator will manage project tracking for the team, tracking timelines and project progress.
- A minimum of three (3) years of progressive work experience in working with analytical tools or software.
- Demonstrated experience and success with CRM systems, preferably Salesforce.com, and proficiency with Microsoft Office; Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including public speaking
- Excellent interpersonal skills and superior customer service focus
- Proactive mindset
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to draw information out of customers to better assist them
- Ability to determine user capabilities and understanding of topics and quickly modify examples and business scenarios as needed in training classes
- Ability to prioritize in terms of problem solving and task sequencing
- Ability to proactively follow up on users queries to ensure their success
- Ability to work effectively with Account Management, Business Management, and ITS personnel
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time and manage competing priorities
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong compliance and business process skills.
- Salesforce Admin certification a plus
- Higher Ed experience, preferably in Advancement a plus
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
Advertised: 22 Jul 2021 Eastern Daylight Time