GWS Tool Group is a US-based, vertically integrated manufacturer of highly engineered custom, standard, and modified standard cutting tools. We maintain the size, scale and capabilities of the largest companies in the industry, but the service-oriented disposition of a small organization. This position is located in Tavares, FL.
We have accomplished this through constant investment in the organization, which has included the acquisition of industry-leading specialty manufacturers. To date, these acquired entities include GW Schultz Tool (Tavares, FL), CGI Tool (Chesterfield, IN), Alliance CNC (Grand Rapids, MI), Benchmark Carbide (Springfield, MA), Intrepid Tool Industries (Phoenix, AZ), North American Tool Corporation (South Beloit, IL), Taurus Tool (Batavia, IL), and STF Precision (Arden, NC). These entities now serve as the manufacturing arms of GWS Tool Group, and their respective specialties power the larger GWS engine!
The Cutting Tool Designer will initiate and complete the concept design phase for special form tools & complex modified standard cutting tools, produce new drawings, and designate production routings across a variety of industries. The Cutting Tool Designer will work with the Sales Team and the Customer to ensure tooling is designed and released to the shop on time and with accuracy.
- Design and Quote standard, modified standard and custom tools.
- Collect data by interfacing with customers and sales reps to help make a selection of tool type.
- Gather manufacturing and engineering data to effectively evaluate production feasibility of the customer request and provide accurate quotations to the customer.
- Communicate with customers about quotations, applications and design engineering.
- Assist inside sales with order processing, phone calls and mail during times of excessive load.
- Request material quotes for preform materials when needed.
- Make engineering changes to existing designs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Machining experience is preferred.
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Vocational school or apprenticeship preferred.
- Manufacturing background is preferred.
- Computer programming experience is preferred.
- Have cutting tool series application understanding.
- Must have MS office skills.
- Must be able to read blueprints.
- Solidworks experience preferred.
- Knowledge of machining preferred
- Must demonstrate a high level of spatial awareness and ability to conceptualize complex geometry.
- Have excellent math skills and the ability to review and understand blueprint drawings of tools.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Light work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds at a time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.