Commercial Energy of California wants to add another aspiring businessperson who brings curiosity, empathy, and a solution-solving work ethic to find new clients for our Southern California office. This role will be performed out of our San Diego office. Energy is essential for all businesses, whether choosing their energy supplier, mitigating wildfire impacts, or implementing cleaner energy goals. We do for our clients has never been more essential, and our products and services are never more vital.
We have a quarter-century of success to back up those claims. Since 1997 we have set the standard for businesses managing their energy spending while lowering their environmental impact. Our 2,500+ clients span diverse companies, from healthcare, housing, and high tech, to schools, nonprofits, and food manufacturing. We help them lower or stabilize their cost of energy and its consumption while providing greener alternatives.
Aside from a competitive salary, we also pay to train and onboard you, so you don’t need experience in the energy business to succeed here. However, you do need three proven skills: Solution-based, Customer-centered, and Activity driven results. Account Executivesthat join our San Diegoteamwill find our 94% annual client retention rate and over $100 million in profitable revenue helpful in securing new clients, and you have NO ceiling on what you can earn.
What you will do:
- Consistently prospect and develop new client relationships in San Diegoconsistent with ourgross margin objectives and sales solutions.
- Proactively assess, clarify and validate client needs and our subsequent performance.
- Prepare and present proposals using our Proprietary Rate Engine analytics that quantify savings and solutions.
- Learn every day about the rapidly changing Energy industry.
- Build a robust network of business contacts within your assigned (and protected) territory.
Who you are:
- EXPERIENCE: At least five (5) years of Outside Sales Experience, selling to new clients through C-level decision-makers of businesses ranging from $10 million to $10 billion in annual sales.
- PROVEN SUCCESS: You have made over $150,000 a year in new sales to businesses, with the desire to double that income within three years.
- SOLUTION SELLING: You help each client address their business issues, not just provide a product at a cheaper price.
- PERSONALITY: You are activity-driven, competitive, inquisitive, empathetic, intelligent, with an appetite to “hunt” for new clients.
SKILLS: Whether on the phone or through Teams meetings and emails, you possess a professional and succinct communication style with:
- Demonstrated experience using strategic selling tools, i.e., Salesforce, LinkedIn
- Bachelor’s Degree (GPA 3.0 or better) from a four-year university
- High energy, with unquestionable integrity, professionalism, and ambition
- Math is one of your strong suits, and Excel is an essential tool.
- The confidence to prove how good you know you are.
- CHARACTER: You always do the right thing for the client and for your company
What we bring to your career:
- REAL MONEY:The candidate will earn a competitive salary with an annual On-Target Earnings (OTE) of $200,000 in the first year. An excellent base salary & a playbook that drives results. The ability to earn uncapped new sales and then renewal commissions on your accounts. A generous training allowance during your onboarding. (that’s right, it’s not a draw). Renewal commissions paid monthly after the first contract year, so a recurring income stream. As you build your client book, so does your annual compensation.
- WEAK COMPETITORS: Our client education process positions CE as a trusted advisor rather than just a commodity which differentiates us and expands our revenue streams.
- LEVERAGE: Over 2,500 established customers give you the power to leverage referrals on products businesses use every day across dozens of industries.
- ONBOARDING: Your first six weeks will not be in the field as we fill your mind and heart with our culture, our process, and our industry knowledge. You will run into your territory well-positioned to succeed with confidence, case studies, and established references.
- CAREER GROWTH: Clear and proven advancement opportunities based upon your individual performance.
- TECHNOLOGY: State of the art technology tools for prospecting, Salesforce with Apollo, and Teams presentations, and client solution portals.
- EXTRAS: You are an employee to us, not a contractor, so we pay for your health plan benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life), which meet your individual needs and much of your family.
- EXTRA EXTRAS: A company providedhybridvehicle to access carpool lanes and toll roads to leverage your time. Our 401-K plan provides an additional 4% company match cash contribution. Our Employee Stock Ownership Plan provides equity in CE and retirement income to you AT NO COST.
- CAMARADERIE: A positive, high-energy office environment.We work hard, but we have fun too!