Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
What You’ll Do
As Vice President, Sales Operations and Strategy, you will be responsible for architecting, measuring, and reporting on the sales strategies for growth. As a thought leader within the commercial organization, your work will include the following key areas:
- Partner with Sales leadership to define Strategy & Planning including org structure, go to market motion, KPIs, HC needs, investments and training needed for success in all segments.
Deliver Operational Excellence in Pipeline, Forecast, and Reporting by delivering analytics and insights to Sales, Marketing and Finance leadership that measure key business drivers.
- Lead Data governance/stewardship for Sales and how they interact with business partners including evolving all processes, ROEs, and systems to measure execution and forecast in each market segment.
- Build a compensation strategy that drives performance for a ‘growth mindset’ by delivering a full, recommended compensation to compete for top talent in partnership with the Total Rewards & Finance Sales teams.
- Optimize and implement technologies in support of sales organization productivity by defining, implementing, and driving adoption of tech stack needed for growth; Recommend technology investments with clear ROI and implementation plans.
Ensure effective enablement and new hire training organization to support each segment.
- Define and own a clear, near term and long term strategy for AppFolio’s Sales Operations organization including hiring and structuring the Sales & Operations team to match business scale for the next 3 years.
What We’re Looking For
- Strategic: Identifies the long-term or overall aims and interests and the means of achieving them. Sets the vision and strategy and effectively gains buy-in across the organization
- Efficiency: Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort. Successfully manage multiple projects from execution through to implementation and optimization
- Communication: Able to provide a clear communication regarding strategy (what we are doing, why, how it impacts) and present it in a clear, articulate, real, and consistent way across all levels, internally and externally
- Strong Business Acumen and Strategic Focus: Contributes to business strategy development and execution both high level and through the details of execution
- Leadership: Visible management and influence across teams, including hiring, onboarding, coaching, employee development, motivating, and decision-making
- Analytical Skills: Able to draw insightful conclusions from data. Deliver timely insights that contribute to driving performance; Effective at developing and maintaining performance dashboards and business intelligence
- Forecasting and Insights: Ability to work with Finance, Marketing and Sales leadership to manage top-down and bottoms-up forecasting; create benchmarks, trending, analysis;
- Territory, Goal and Incentives Design: Lead design of territories, roles and incentives to achieve outcomes in support of company strategy
- Flexibility / Adaptability: Adapts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Agile and can lead effectively through change.
- Technical Expertise: Experience in S&M SaaS operations teams utilizing SFDC reporting and analytics platforms to deliver insights. Experience in Tableau, SQL, Advanced Excel/Google Sheets is a plus.
- Growth Mindset: Positive, owns outcomes and takes responsibility for actions and relationships.
- Honesty / Integrity: Does not cut corners ethically, earns trust and maintains confidences (this role will have access to company and personal confidential information).
- 7 + years of Sales Operations Leadership experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in software or services industry is a plus
- Experience within a scaling organization in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Has strong analytical skills and a structured approach to solving unique business problems
- Strong strategic planning and anticipation skills, with an ability to manage by influence
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching, and mentoring experience
- Enjoy presenting and communicating across all levels
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.