Every substantial facility needs efficient, reliable climate control. Today, Johnson Controls offers the largest portfolio of HVAC equipment and controls in the world. You can find our solutions at work in offices and factories, in warehouses and stores, in campuses and hospitals, in apartment buildings and hotels. Our broad portfolio of solutions and controls is built on a foundation of innovation and expertise that dates back more than a century when our founder, Warren Johnson, invented the first modern thermostat. Whether you’re constructing a new facility or retrofitting an old one, we deliver cost-effective comfort and sustainable efficiency.
Learn more: https://www.johnsoncontrols.com/hvac-equipment/hvac-equipment-solutions-and-services
We believe in doing well by doing good and hold ourselves accountable to make the world a better place through the solutions we provide, our engagement in society, the way we do business, and our commitment to protect people and the environment. We believe that diversity and inclusion matter and make a difference. By embracing the true value of diversity and inclusion, and valuing different perspectives, we strive to be one of the most desirable places to work.Johnson Controls listed in Forbes Best Employers for Diversity
What you will do
The HVAC Sales Manager, Owner Direct Sales, is a sales leader in one of Johnson Controls branches. You will be responsible for building, coaching, and mentoring a team of highly productive Building Owner Account Representatives that can meet and exceed revenue expectations, as well as the needs of our existing and potential customers, with a focus on the sale of service offerings to Building Owners (Service, Preventative Maintenance Agreements (PMA's) and Retrofits). You will cover Alberta sales reps and potentially others in Western Canada. Promotes a collaborative team atmosphere between the sales, installation, service teams as well between other departments within the branch and region. Responsible for creating business advantage, growing profits, and customer satisfaction. This position can be based at one of our Johnson Controls branches in Delta, BC, Calgary, AB or Edmonton, AB; or remotely from home office near one of these branches. Must be available for local travel, within Alberta, and throughout Western Canada.
How you will do it
- Build and retain an effective team of sales representatives. Lead, coach and motivate sales team to achieve pre-established goals.
- Manage the area business through the market teams in the sale, development, delivery, and performance assurance of company offerings to new and existing customers within their local, designated customer base.
- Analyze local markets and current business performance to ensure strategies are effective in meeting planned profits and recommend adjustments to the plan when necessary.
- Develop and deliver on long and short-term strategic objectives for profitability and growth; develop business plans and budgets. Works to grow vertical market sales.
- Understand the business environment within targeted markets, including: growth trends, legislation, and competitors; drive cash flow through effective execution of payment terms, proactive billing and collections.
- Establish plan for staffing levels and take action to achieve optimum resource levels.
- Develop effective leaders and high-performance teams utilizing available training and development tools; builds a culture of performance management and individual accountability.
- Promote a collaborative team atmosphere between the sales, installation, service teams as well between other departments within the branch and region.
- Establish and maintain long-term relationships with customers to ensure customer satisfaction and secure new business.
- Conduct regular business reviews to examine business performance; lead initiatives that drive improvement and proactive resolution of customer issues.
- Actively work to increase market penetration across company offerings by expanding the scope of work within existing projects and securing new projects.
What we look for
- 5+ years of commercial sales leadership experience in a similar role such as a Sales Manager, Regional Sales Manager, or Area Sales Manager. High-producing sellers, with 8+ years' experience, who are considering transitioning to sales leadership will be considered.
- Experience in a supervisory role with responsibility for the productivity or development of others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively interact with internal organization and customer organizations both at the senior executive and field level.
- Available for local travel and within Western Canada.
- Bachelors’ degree or post-secondary technical diploma in Engineering, Business, Marketing, or related field; a combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience selling HVAC or building automation system service or projects is preferred.
- Experience coaching, mentoring, and developing a team of highly productive field sales representatives.
What you will get
- Competitive base salary and incentive plan based on your efforts.
- Company car
- Comprehensive benefits package including RRSP, pension, medical, dental, and vision care.
- Extensive product and sales training with Best in Industry resources.
Job Sales & Marketing
Other LocationsCAN-British Columbia-Delta, CAN-British Columbia-Vancouver, CAN-Alberta-Calgary
Organization Bldg Technologies & Solutions