Avi Networks, acquired by VMware, delivers software-defined application load balancing with intelligent automation and elasticity across all environments. The Avi Platform (VMware NSX Advanced Load Balancer) also includes an Intelligent Web Application Firewall (WAF) and integrates seamlessly with API driven automation and orchestration tools such as Ansible and Terraform to ensure fast, scalable, and secure application delivery.
The Role: Enabling field sales, marketing, and strategizing across US West / APAC to ensure a large Avi footprint in high propensity accounts.
We are looking for a driven, experienced Strategic Account Marketing Manager to build and expand Avi’s presence within the VMware customer-base and beyond. You must thrive on working as a team with a group of Solution Engineers, Product Specialists, and Core Sales Teams to drive ADC and Load Balancing projects across US West and APAC. The role will touch all aspects of the sales motion from strategy, top of funnel marketing efforts, opportunity acceleration, to renewals and customer success. It is important to have a drive for fluency in the modern cloud world with comprehension around the large three cloud providers as well as the transformation that is taking place with applications and containers. Ideal candidates will have experience in the Load Balancing/Application Delivery Controller space with understand of marketing, pre-sales, and post-sales. Although we function within a large multi-national enterprise, our environment is much more similar to that of a smaller start-up.
- Support the Networking & Security specialists in selling NSX ALB in the AMER and APAC markets
- Demonstrate capability to help our sales teams drive opportunities and to keep up momentum with key sales plays and new marketing promotions. You will be seen as a product SME but also need to able to “speak sales”.
- Enable our N&S Sellers to leverage key tools such as Avi-DICE, Vault, CPQ, etc.
- Demonstrate subject area expertise in Load Balancing, Multi-Cloud, Containers, and Applications
- Build internal champions to sell Avi solution, and spread product knowledge
- Carve your own path and think creatively to accomplish sometimes broad goals.
- Track activities and performance to help BU measure performance of greater field org
- 2+ years experience in datacenter software, network management, and / or load balancing solutions
- Proven track record of success in marketing complex software / subscription solutions
- High proficiency with Salesforce, internal and customer facing email, sales prospecting tools
- Ability to work with remote teams across time-zones and geographies.
- There will be little expectation of travel, but will need to spend up to 25% of time interfacing with international teams
- Experience in supporting field sales teams
- Proven ability to demo technical product to end customers of all sizes
- Experience communicating directly with executives
- High level knowledge of other VMware Networking and Security solutions
Category : Marketing
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-07-23
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.