- Develop, expand and manage consumer and business account relationships, concentrating efforts in meeting client needs for financial products.
- Actively participate in ongoing training and regular sales meetings. Willing to be cross-trained to perform duties necessary to assist clients when management is not present.
- Process a variety of routine and complex transactions such as account opening and closing, processing deposits, withdrawals, loan payments and transfers.
- Assist with the daily operations of the branch including reporting, audits, ATMs, coin machines and the main cash vault. Prepare cash for shipments and ordering cash/coin for the branch as needed.
- Demonstrate knowledge of policies and procedures and the ability to apply this knowledge in real situations.
- Identify clients with additional profit potential and develop action plans to expand these relationships. Refer business to all partners.
- Support the implementation of the Kearny Bank Client Experience.
- Deliver strategic insights to improve the client experience.
- Lead, motivate, reward and develop the branch team.
- Develop and manage the process to resolve client criticisms and concerns in a courteous, positive and timely manner.
- Simplifies and strengthens client experiences and builds client trust by listening to feedback, understanding reasons of dissatisfaction and identifying opportunities to improve.
- Coach the sales process and each team member. Hold team accountable for sales objectives
- Proficient in delivering and coaching the flawless delivery of our service protocols and the sales process (The Client Experience) to all Team Members, including new employees.
- Serves as a role model for branch team, provides guidance on appearance and dress, as needed.
- Conduct daily observations of team and provide mentoring and training to improve staff development and overall branch results.
- Serve as a liaison between the branch and various departments to ensure full communication and understanding of all company policies and procedures.
- Conducts individual coaching sessions with each team member on a quarterly basis with a strong emphasis on achievement of production goals and service standards.
- In the performance of respective duties, must maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations and all other regulatory, security and bank policies.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Associate’s degree or comparable professional training is required.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years Retail Banking experience.
- Ability to meet/exceed client experience needs, identify client/project needs.
- Knowledge of bank’s products, services, sweep accounts, concept & Techniques and cash management services.
- Ability to model Relationship Building Techniques and effectively cross-sell.
- Ability to resolve client questions and/or complaints.
- Ability to manage staff and resolve conflict.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to foster open communication, deliver presentations, demonstrate listening, speaking and written communication skills.
- Ability to answer questions effectively, build client relationships and build internal and external networks.
- Ability to act with integrity, demonstrate adaptability, work commitment and maintain a positive performance in all situations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and Outlook.
- Ability to interact effectively and tactfully with all levels of the Bank.
- Ability to read, write and speak clearly.
- Assist Business Relationship Officers and Loan Officers with business calls to existing and potential clients, as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, use tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.