Category: Professional Services
Type: Regular Full-Time
Responsible for maximizing sales team potential in promoting and selling services and solutions directly to current and new end customers. Ensures customers are informed of new product/service introductions and prices. Creates, monitors and revises lead generation plans to ensure a substantive sales opportunity pipeline. Sets short- and long-term sales strategies and evaluates effectiveness of current sales programs. Manages, coaches and develops service sales staff (e.g. Account Managers and Business Development Managers).
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call "Partners" are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
- Manages service sales staff (e.g., Account Managers, BDMs and sales support staff). Conducts timely, complete and meaningful performance conversations with team and coaches others to build effective performance management capabilities (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions). Participates in and influences the hiring of key talent.
- Develops and executes service team annual and strategic sales plans to foster growth and drive sales that support and align with business unit and company strategic plans. Influences and participates in developing department and business unit strategy, goals, objectives and systems. Assists the operations team in project planning to ensure gross margin goals are attained.
- Assists Account Managers and BDMs in developing and closing new service agreements.
- Conducts analysis and passes on market information and trends to Account Managers and BDMs so they have the most current and complete data available. Utilizes the CRM dashboard to provide accountability for sales team efforts.
- Provides forecasting for business unit leaders and operations team.
- Maintains and develops relationships with customers at the C-Suite level.
- Markets service products and capabilities with clients at events in a social environment. Participates in industry and association events to further enhance business relationships within the industry.
- Conducts follow-up and resolution on billing issues that have been escalated.
- Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor's Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Administration or related field is preferred.
Must be able to demonstrate strong negotiation and influencing skills.
Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills.
Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
Strong business sense and industry expertise.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
TDIndustries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TDIndustries recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/ Females/ Protected Veterans/ Disabled
The following factors are considered when evaluating an applicant's background and criminal record, if any: the nature of the offense, how long ago it occurred, and the nature of the risk it poses in the particular job. Disqualification for Employment:
Although not intended to be an exhaustive list, examples for grounds of rejection of an applicant include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Falsification or omission of information on the employment application or during any phase of the employment process, including if the person is hired before the falsification or omission is discovered.
- If the applicant will be operating a company or mileage-reimbursed vehicle that is a requirement of the job and currently has a suspended license or, during the past three years, has received more than two moving violations,} or has been convicted of, has entered a plea of nolo contendere, or is/ has been the subject of a deferred adjudication agreement of driving or operating a vehicle under the influence in violation of applicable laws.
- Persons who test positive for the presence of any illegal drug or controlled substance as outlined in the Drugs and Alcohol Policy, will not be hired, or if hired conditionally, pending drug screening results.
- Not authorized to work in the United States.