BPS Supply Group (BPSSG) has distributed pipe, valves, fittings and supplies for over 50 years to a wide range of customers across all markets. Our products and custom solutions connect infrastructure and industry to the resources they depend on, all across North America. With 22 strategic locations specializing in oil & gas, energy, construction and more, we are one of the largest independent supply companies in the Western United States….And growing in your area!
The purpose of the Outside Sales position is to ensure customer needs are identified and met in a timely manner, achieve customer satisfaction, and meet sales objectives and goals. This position will also identify and close additional purchases of products and services provided by BPS Supply Group.
- Build customer and vendor relationships to earn their trust
- Identify revenue opportunities within customers’ communities through communications, programs and other activities as needed.
- Prospecting, qualifying and generating sales within our established guidelines
- Understand the price metrics / material provided by purchasing
- Provide reporting to management as requested
- Keep management informed of all activity
- Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes and developments in BPS industry
- Additional duties as may be assigned by department supervisor or manager
Essential Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability preferred.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 5 years outside sales experience in Pipes, Valves, and Fittings
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize activities and meet deadlines
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Good driving Record
- Ability to drive a vehicle at approx 30k to 40k miles per year
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to deal calmly and effectively with customers while maintaining and promoting a positive image
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with both customers and company personnel at all organizational levels
- Proficiency in the use of computers and software programs; including word processing, spreadsheet and e-mail applications.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Sitting/Repetitive Motion
- Reaching Overhead
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
We offer very competitive wages and great benefits which include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off and 401k program.
BPS Supply Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BPS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
BPS Supply Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of BPS’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Type: Full-time