Reports To: Manager, Quality Assurance
ABOUT CONTRACT SERVICES:
In the mid-1960s, the major film studios, in negotiations with Hollywood’s unions, founded the
CS serves as a conduit to carry out a long list of regulatory and legal obligations that must be implemented on behalf of the studios. Consolidating these functions under the CS
The CS mission is to provide friendly, accurate and dependable service and training for the
Training that keeps workers safe on set is critical to this important mission. CS’s Safety Pass
Though they act as one, structurally, CS is composed of two separate tax-exempt trust funds — CSATF and CSATTF — which are governed by two boards of trustees, the members of which are appointed by the AMPTP. CSATF is a tax-exempt business league under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(6). CSATTF is a tax-exempt labor organization under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(5) and an apprenticeship plan subject to the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
Additional Information about CS can be found here:
- Website: https://www.csatf.org
- Annual Reports: https://www.csatf.org/2018_csatf_annual_report/
Contract Services is seeking a highly skilled Quality Assurance Engineer to join our IT team. You will be responsible for implementing and maintaining a Cypress.io automation test suite, including collecting, categorizing, and evaluating quality data from test cases and test suites. This role mainly supports the Software Engineering team and works with other internal departments to ensure accuracy and compliance to requirements, regulations, and laws.
To be successful as a Quality Assurance Engineer at Contract Services, you should be a strong problem solver and a self-starter who enjoys a challenge. You should be detail-oriented and a good communicator who loves to collaborate and brainstorm. You should be able to write clean, reusable, maintainable code. You should be flexible and work independently but also be a team player. You should constantly strive to improve your craft and tools and take pride and ownership in what you do while enjoying working in a dynamic organization.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Manager, Quality Assurance, to review current manual testing processes and implement ways to improve or automate
- Coordinate with the Dev and DevOps teams to ensure the automated test suite is comprehensive and integrated with our CI/CD pipeline
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans, test scenarios, and test cases
- Develop automation scripts implementing the detailed test plans
- Implement methodology and tools for capturing software testing metrics related to code coverage and testing coverage
- Track QA metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts
- Create, update, and maintain detailed documentation on testing processes and procedures.
- Monitor new testing tools and assess compatibility with testing strategies
- Special assignments and projects as directed by the Manager, Quality Assurance and/or Senior Manager, Software Engineering.
IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Proven work experience in a software quality assurance environment using automated testing tools, such as Cypress.io.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes and a continued pursual of new developments in the field.
- An operational understanding of SQL databases such as Postgres.
- Experience with issue/test tracking systems such as Jira, Gitlab, and TestRail.
- Experience with Laravel/PHP and VueJs.
- Experience with automated testing of mobile applications.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing.
- Experience working in a container-based development environment.
- Experience with cross-browser testing services such as Browserstack.
- Positive mental attitude, strong work ethic, self-motivated, and highly organized.
- Strong communicator, both verbal and written.
- A penchant for creating detailed, clean, easy to follow documentation.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a collaborative team on multiple projects and priorities.
- Active participant in company culture.
- A desire to teach, learn and grow with the department and company.
- Willingness to understand our business and how to best serve our clients.
High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- BS degree in Computer Science, engineering, or related subject.
Minimum 3 years of experience in a software testing environment using automation tools.