PERSONIFY AND OUR PHILOSOPHY
When work is challenging and rewarding it shouldn't feel like work. Careers should be fulfilling!
We all want to know and feel that we're contributing and being acknowledged and rewarded for our work. We also want work/life balance, flexible and fun work environments, and a team with whom we enjoy working and playing hard.
We're growing! And we're looking for talented people to join our team. Personify is one of the most diversified and fastest growing providers of technology solutions to the association, chamber, nonprofit, higher education and corporate markets. Our platform of integrated software solutions enables our clients to fulfill their important missions by acquiring, engaging, and retaining organization members, charitable donors, event attendees and more.
Personify is large enough to set the industry standard for quality products, client support and growth, yet we still have that entrepreneurial spirit. We love new people, new thinking, and better ways of doing things. And we operate in diverse, growing, dynamic cities: Austin, Atlanta and Toronto. Take control of the wheel, shift your career into a higher gear, and enjoy the ride!
WHAT IS THE ROLE?
We are looking for a high-energy individual to join us in the role of Strategic Account Manager, working as an important part of our Sales team within the Events portfolio. This exceptional individual will have the opportunity to act as a client advocate and help our clients improve their event sales and marketing processes by fitting them with the right technology solution. If you are a people person with a background in sales or account management…this job could be for you. Prior experience or knowledge of Personify Events and the events and association industry is a plus, but not required.
As a Strategic Account Manager, you will manage a portfolio of premier, strategically important accounts. A Strategic Account Manager understands the customer's business objectives, priorities, requirements, and challenges and adds value by demonstrating how Personify's solutions can increase efficiency and drive revenue. You will build and develop relevant customer relationship networks with key influencers and decision makers in the account portfolio, as well as events and association industries.
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON:
- Develops and maintains a professional relationship network with the customer, including both executive management and operational teams.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, services, and management resources, to meet account performance objectives and customers' expectations.
- Conducts Quarterly Business Reviews and Strategic Account Meetings with top clients to assess and validate customers' needs.
- Builds strong relationships with clients during their event cycles to become a trusted advisor and establish the value of Personify.
- Engages with the customers to identify opportunities that will enhance their current Personify solution set.
- Works collaboratively with cross functional teams to ensure client's success.
- Conducts face to face and virtual meetings with Key Clients.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of Personify's Event solutions and services.
- Consults clients with best practices to utilize their Personify Event solution.
- Maintains a strong renewal percentage with a key focus on upgrading and enhancing the Client's solution set.
- Becomes proficient in Salesforce to manage pipeline of renewals and upsells.
- Participates in recurring client outreach via phone calls, emails or other forms of communication.
- Attends industry events to foster relationships with clients and potential clients.
- Understands, learns, and utilizes SPI sales methodology to showcase the value of Personify Event solutions.
You will also:
- Participate in bi-weekly pipeline reviews to assess status of client's solution set and work on acquiring new upsell leads from current client list.
- Participate in project kick-off calls with Project Managers and clients as needed.
- Maintain accurate records of all email and phone communication for every client for future reference.
- Update client information in Salesforce and client database systems.
- In office, part-telecommunication, or full telecommunication depending on candidate's location.
- Some travel is required (20 – 30%)
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 6-8+ years account management experience.
- Experience in the Events Industry preferred, but not required
- Experience in B2B SaaS firms preferred, but not required
- Results Driven: Shows strong will to win, is persistent in the face of obstacles and has a clear results orientation.
- Network/Relationship Building: Highly skilled in creating strong professional relationships across all levels of the organizations internally and externally; understands and leverages the value of networks and collaboration.
- Two-way communication: Able to listen actively to understand the perspectives of others, and to articulate value propositions, plans, and proposals in language highly relevant to the customer or internal stakeholder. Both verbally and written.
- Influencing and Negotiating: Understands and expertly leverages influencing and negotiation techniques.
- Integrity: Acts with integrity throughout complex situations even if under pressure.
- Business Acumen: Understands how different parts of a business interoperate to produce business outcomes and how actions impact company results.
- Industry Knowledge: Knowledge of the events industry organizations is a plus (IAEE, PCMA, MPI, AMPS, ASAE, etc.).
- Event Management Software Knowledge: Understands Personify Events products or event management software.
- Detail Oriented: Strong organization skills and attention to detail is necessary.
- Must be self-motivated and a team player.
- Experience using Salesforce is desirable.
Personify Events offers a proven track record of 20 years in business and an environment where your opinion counts. You will have daily opportunities to make contributions within a team environment. We offer flexibility – in schedules and dress code. We provide a full benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plan options, company paid short and long-term disability, a 401k savings plan, tuition/educational reimbursement, and paid leave (vacation, sick, personal, and volunteer)
Personify is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran or disability status, or other protected characteristics.
If you are fulfilled by empowering organizations that are trying to make a difference in the world and enjoy a work environment where your co-workers have your back and transparency is a must, Personify might just be the place for you!