The Revenue Analyst is key to the success of the Revenue Management team. The position is responsible for maximizing revenue and profits by supporting the Area Director of Revenue Management in the strategic coordination of revenue management reporting, processes and procedures.
- Detailed and accurate preparation and distribution of daily, weekly, monthly, and ad hoc revenue reports. Reports may include daily pick-up reports, pace reports, market segmentation analysis, production reports, source analysis, etc.
- Assist with the implementation and execution of hotel sales strategy, pricing recommendations and inventory management across all distribution channels.
- Conduct audits to guarantee sell strategy is set correctly on all channels.
- Analyze dynamics of the local market events providing feedback on the opportunities they create and updating revenue tools/systems as necessary.
- Complete rate loading/mapping as necessary.
- Monitor availability and ensure strategies are executed to maximize room type efficiency.
- Ensure revenue is posted correctly and in line with hotel policy. This includes auditing production of cancellation fees, early departure fees, no show fees, upgrades etc.
- Prepare revenue management reports as needed.
- Participate in weekly revenue meetings.
- Assist in preparing short and long-term forecasts.
- Assist in preparation of annual room revenue budgets and annual sales and marketing plans.
- Provide critical analysis on STR, Hoteligence, Demand 360, OTA Insight, and other measurement tools, identifying areas of opportunity.
- Ensure effective information gathering and analysis is conducted in order to identify and maximize on all possible opportunities and minimize any risks.
- Monitor and analyze the competition daily/weekly to identify selling strategies and market trends.
- Maintain group pick-up reports and communicate with Sales regarding upcoming cut-offs.
- Conduct group audits monthly (minimum) to ensure Delphi and PMS are in balance.
- Place test calls to Central Reservations Office and guide the property reservations/PBX team to ensure accuracy of rate quoting, restrictions, and selling approach.
- Maintain knowledge of all room rate offerings such as discounts and packages that the hotel offers.
- Provide administrative support for the Revenue Management Team.
- Interface with contacts and customers as required.
- Build an effective working relationship with hotel teams and communicate strategies and procedures as required.
- Attend all scheduled meetings and trainings and contributes actively with proper preparation.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Provide coverage for Director of Revenue Management.
- Must be an example of the Dream Hotels Values and Brand Standards.
Minimum two years’ hotel experience with focus in data analysis preferred
- Opera PMS, SynXis and Duetto experience preferred
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task when needed as well as efficiency in the operating of multiple computer programs at a given time.
- Superior time management skills
- Must be able to communicate proficiently in the English language, both written and verbally.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality or other business-related degree preferred.
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours and schedules